A tiny little bug in Evolution 1.4

Bruno

There seems to be a tiny little bug in the new Evolution 1.4 ! This morning booting I lost my shortcut to Evolution, no panic, I went to the menu . . . the entry for evolution had disappeared . . . PANIC ! I could start the mail-client in the console though, so it was still there ! :D :) The problem is quickly solved, right click on the desktop , choose ¨new¨ --> ¨link to application¨ fill in the first tab ¨evolution¨ and on the third tab only the command ¨/usr/bin/evolution¨ . . that is all !! For changing the icon, click on tab 1 on the icon and choose ¨other icons¨ there you will find the Evolution icon. So now you all know what to do if a program just disappears . . . . . panic first and then put it back on your desktop ! :) :) B) Bruno

But you are not suppose to panic. You are suppose to know better. Are you sure it was not opeator error? Did you fall asleep on the keyboard with your round the clock posting? Come on, confess. Tell us the truth! :D

Was only wiping the morning coffee off the screen . . . . and then it disappeared . . . . :D :DB) Bruno

BrunoYou are terribly confused. 1. You are suppose to drink the coffee.2. You look at the monitor. If you want to clean it, try a soft cloth, not coffee! :D

Here is what happened . . I took a sip of my coffee . . . while reading one of Barry´s posts . . . . . and could not hold myself from laughing out loud . . . . . . the rest is history . .:D :) . . . so was Evolution.:) Bruno

I think I was not clear : NO evolution . . . it was gone, vanished, completely disappeared !!! :D :DB) Bruno

Maybe it just evolved to a higher form. After all, you always preach about the purity of the command line to get things done right! :lol:

The commandline always works best indeed Julia ! One thing I learned from this: Next week there will be a post in The Tips about backing up addresses and post from Evolution. :lol: ( Perhaps will do a little commandline back-up-ing too ) B) Bruno

You mean you did not have a backup? What more do you need other than my address? That should be quite simple!

Your address id simple : themostoustandingteacherintheworld@modest.com :lol: B) But all the other ¨fans¨ I have . . B) Bruno

I'm impressed - you remembered my simple little email address. Other fans. You may have other fans but there is only one of me! :lol:

Here is what happened . . I took a sip of my coffee . . . while reading one of Barry´s posts . . . . . and could not hold myself from laughing out loud . . .  . . . the rest is history . .B) :) . . .  so was Evolution.B) Bruno
What did I do now :) .... :lol:

Your little radar works perfectly Barry !! Glad you woke up . . . here have some coffee . . . :lol: :DB) Bruno

I think it was hanging out in the Windows forum Barry. Reliable sources have indicated you can't decide which side of the fence to sit on! :lol: I think maybe in reality you shocked him! That or he just wanted to see if you were awake!B)

Oh........ :lol: ..Thought maybe I said something witty B) ..Though to a degree your correct..I have windows for work related issues (Except when I'm able to sneak in an Open Source App...or intro someone to linux.hee hee)

BarryYou are often witty my friend. It was jut fun to tease you because I had seen you over in the Windows forum posting the other day. We will forgive you that slip, as long as it was for work! When I go back to school in two weeks, I will return to that world as well, but only at work!

BarryYou are often witty my friend.  It was jut fun to tease you because I had seen you over in the Windows forum posting the other day.  We will forgive you that slip, as long as it was for work!  When I go back to school in two weeks, I will return to that world as well, but only at work!
JuliaI feel for ya.. :( ..I think teaching is one of the hardest jobs there is (Did I say Job, I meant life style :( )..The act of transfering knowledge to another ( in my mind) is an art in itself..(bet Bruno was a teacher of some form in a past life too) :( .especially when the biggest problem tends to be the A part of the KSA's :( Of course my teachers had no problems with me when I was in school :( ( excuse me need to dodge a lightening Bolt...... :o )

BarryDoesn't it make you wonder what Bruno is like at work? He might surprise us! He might only be a great professor via the Internet. He might be a real tough person in real life. :( Teaching is something that is a daily test of my patience. All the tests I took in college said be a teacher. I was smart enough to run the other direction because I was way to inpatient at that age to be a good teacher. You are right. You just can't get the teacher out of me! :(

:D Bruno...A hard person..I have difficultly seeing that ;) ..Of course my vision is based on his extreme patience dealing with us :) :) :lol: .....But I think even in this medium, at least part of a persons personality come through..I think all of us here have some "Trainer or Teaching qualities" in our being :lol: :lol: :lol: ....or we at least like to try to help...LOL