Looking for a PIM with emphasis on Tasks and Notes

ReuvenNY

I use Lotus Organizer 6 for my calendaring and contact needs. It’s OK, but is outdated and not really supported by IBM. It does serve my needs in those two areas.The Note and Task part of that program is totally unsuitable for my needs. I looked at MS Outlook 2003 (which I own), as well as many other Personal Information Managers, but find that most are cumbersome, too detailed and just visually no appealing.I am looking for a program that is primarily Task Manager,( not a project manager) with a modern look and feel - simple yet powerful.Does anything like that exist? Where should I look for it?Thanks for any help.

I don't know if there is any specific empasis on these programs, but here are a few I know of... - Chandler - Palm DesktopPalm Desktop is actually a great little piece of software that you needn't even have a Palm device to go with it. It will work perfectly fine as a stand-alone desktop PIM client.

Edited by epp_b

Using some links and help on this and/or other forums, I found a great little program that exactly addresses my needs. It's called ViaList and can be found here: http://www.vialist.com/Check them out if you need a To Do program that can be also synchronized online with their site.

another lurker, i presume? good golly, a join date prior to mine, too boot!perhaps you should be welcoming me!
:P That just says that you've been hanging around the forum for months before deciding to sign up.

likewise, b2cm, our join dates are pretty close too!
Like 347 guys in between. :thumbsup:
True lurkers don't sign up
Yeah. And it is a miserable existence----always fighting the itch to sign up so you can react to posts you dislike.Back to topic, I recommend NeoMem: http://www.neomem.org/