New Build of IE7 Available

James M. Fisher

I would like to try it out but it tells me I must use the user that installed it to remove it (there is only one user) and it won't let me uninstall the old to install the new. :D I have even tried switch user and rebooting without success.

I had already found the place to remove (check the updates box) but the problem is line 0.016 InstalledByUser is Not Present.

C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe (version 6.2.29.0)0.016: CheckUninstallDataForMultiInstancing: [instances] section not found0.016: Spuninst.exe was run with the following arguments: 0.016: Spuninst.exe is being run from the following location: C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$0.016: InstalledByUser is Not Present0.031: Condition Check for Line 1 of PreRequisite returned FALSE 5.063: Message displayed to the user: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview cannot be uninstalled from this user account. Please log on to the same user account from which it was installed and try again.5.063: User Input: OK5.063: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview cannot be uninstalled from this user account. Please log on to the same user account from which it was installed and try again.
:D

James M. Fisher

I'm checking NGs (private and public) and I'm not seeing anything like what you describe, Julia. Not yet, anyway. :D I'll keep a lookout for it though.

Thanks. I looked at system restore but it shows I installed it on 2/3/06? Can that be right? I installed all my programs on that date because that is when I received the new hard drive for my tablet. I don't want to do a system restore back to then because it will be a pain to reinstall everthing. My restore disks wouldn't be much use either because they would have the same software on them (including this).

I already tried that. It told me it was already installed. I can live without this anyway. I have not used it that often. I will play with it at work where I am in Windows all day. ;)