Righty Ho WHERE did THEY GO

kamicota

Hi again all guess WE be in another :w00tx100: ;) situationDownloaded three rar files for grandaughter and can not find them either in the Download folder from Firefox = 0downand when I right click one in the download box this what i get as to where they are--->>>An error occurred while loading file:///tmp/Monster_house_th3zone.part1.rar:so did a search in konqueror and got--->>>The file or folder /tmp/Monster_house_th3zone.part1.rar does not exist.What in the heck am I missing here it appears to be a new Firefox interface that has icons of the download with a green arrow and the printer in the same line as the back arrows etc (which I have not seen before butt that just could be lack of attention to details :w00tx100: ) Cheers for yearsColin B)

Hi ColinJust make your life a little easier:Firedox: Edit --> preferences --> Downloads --> "save all files to this folder" = DesktopThat way you will always be able to find the files you downloaded ;)B) Bruno

I appreciate that Brunohave NEVER had a problem designating a folder before and DESKTOP sort of gives me the "COLLYWOBBLES" :w00tx100: for dsome unknown reasonI am NEARLY frightened to try any more downloads with mepis (DID I JUMP THE GUN TOO SOON FROM PCLOS??? B) )Cheers for yearsColin ;) but I am STILL :w00tx100:

(DID I JUMP THE GUN TOO SOON FROM PCLOS??? ;) )Cheers for yearsColin :thumbsup: but I am STILL B)
Do you want ME to answer that one?? :teehee: :w00t: o:)

JuliaI don't really :hmm: so ;) BECAUSE it gets even more :icon8: :o :huh: B) o:) I let the computer sit for an hour or so, come back and I have NO Mouse at the odd points on the screen I know it is moving BUT can NOT SEE IT and this Novembers Child is becoming more and more disillusioned and WISH PClos 0.93 was out just to see if MCP51 works in that oneOh well even if a little impatient will persevere until what shows up next :thumbsup: maybe it's time to try DreamLinux XGL :teehee: :oops: there I go againCheers for yearsColin :w00t: still a FLAIR :w00t: for life's experiences :D

;) Another little foray was to install ENLIGHTENMENT :thumbsup: I THOUGHT :icon8: But NO way - ME even MOI read all the introductory screens which confused me :w00t: even moreSo got out and rebootes and GUESS WHAT :oops: I had BOTH Enlightenment and KDE running at the same time In the selection on the password screen it showed as e-KDE for some reason or otherSo it was BYE BYE o:) EnlightenmentCheers for yearsColin :teehee: still HAVING a B) of a TIME

:teehee: WE just can NOT SIT STILL B) Downloading the PCLos version of the SAM distro with the XFCE desktop so we will see how that works toWHO KNOWS ;) it may replace Mepis before PCLos 0.93 arrives :icon8: :w00t: :thumbsup: Cheers for yearsColin o:)

Colin when do you actually ever get to use the operating system you install??Try doing one install and sticking with it for a year - all this replacing and changing stuff has got to get frustrating for ya. If you want to try new things - grab a livecd of the distro

Edited by havnblast

Colin when do you actually ever get to use the operating system you install??Try doing one install and sticking with it for a year - all this replacing and changing stuff has got to get frustrating for ya. If you want to try new things - grab a livecd of the distro
KellyDon't ask for the impossible! :) :P :w00t: o:)

Now Now you two Kelly and Julia :P Just so you know - I ACTUALLY ENJOY INSTALLING NEW OS's :o NEW HP Lappy has had PCLos on since I got it HP Desky as yet is not TOTALLY o:) compatable with PCLos YET - HENCE the trials of Livecd's DreamLinux, workstation and XGL The NEW Mepis 6.0 gave both Sound & Lan connections but boy some of the anomalies were a little too frequent.So on with PCLos 0.93 test02 TWICE that did not boot and then 0.93 Minime --->>>All trying to find a little serenity and COMPATABILITY before PCLos 0.93 Final as it is HOPEFULLY going to be the only Linux I am going to runBut for now even PCLos 0.92 nVidia 7676 is on UPGRADED BUT still NO SOUND SERVER RECOGNITION I may have a while before 0.93 Final is out and TRULY HOPE a near future Synaptic update will give me the Sound Server CompatabiltySo ALL in ALL it is just another HoHum day in Life's EXPERIENCESCheers for years :D Colin :w00t: even though at times I am in a :P or :) Mode

Edited by kamicota

I guess I just don't have the time like you. I like to come home to a working computer instead of hunting for a solution to a problem. I just ordered new everything for my computer after months of saving up and I am just dreading setting the machine back up. A complete reinstall of windows and applications can take up to a week to get it back to where it was. God forbid if I forget to save the kid's saved games and anything else they have on the puter that I have no idea about. I have to warn them way in advance to move what ever they want to keep to a different partition. After I get that setup I have to turn around and install my linux and reset that back up.I use to download everything just to try it out in windows and linux, but over time I have picked the applications I use and stick with em. I don't need 4 different graphic programs when one can do it all. Crazy things like that. I have one computer that still runs slackware 10.1 cause it just works beautifully. I'd be crazy to touch it.Maybe I am just reaching burnout stages.

Kelly I think that is called distro maturity. You have reached the point where you don't need to try everything. I am in a similar place in that I only have one distro on my tablet and I don't install everything. I only install things I don't use if I am asked to test them. B)

:blink: KellyLike you I reached burn out several months ago - :o FINALLY REALISING PCLos was to be my distro :D and the only REASONS :D to try other distros was two fold 1) Compatabilty with HP DEsky and 2) an UNKNOWN URGE to use the XGL DesktopSince then and a couple of computers later it was necessary to try different distros on the HP Desktop because PCLos had "COLLYWOBBLES B) " with nVidia MCP51 WHILE WAINTING for 0.93 final And YES I have LOADS of time being retired YET my Windows XP installs only erntail saving my docs and picz and the driver as XP Special often different flavors are the treat of the day.Then it installing the security, protection, graphics software so all in all that may take a week as I can still play with PClos :P JuliaThis latest Kernel DID :D :) :clap: give me the sound server and WE NOW HAVE SOUNDSo we are heading into MORE SERENE PASTURES :) o:) Cheers for yearsColin :D

This latest Kernel DID ;) B) :w00t: give me the sound server and WE NOW HAVE SOUND
That is brilliant Colin !!! . . . See how fast Linux is catching up with your new hardware ?? Congrats !;) Bruno

Yep B) BrunoAnd :w00tx100: it is SUCH a RELIEF that PCLos is back on again ;) But I HOPE Tex has plans for XGL because for SOME REASON it seems to TWEEK the :) in me to try :devil: But who KNOWS ;) I think there will be a 200/250GB external drive soo to store all my GB's of downloads etc and :whistling: may even Install and XGL on it - HOW do them APPLES SOUND :thumbsup: Cheers for yearsColin :w00t:

Someone asked for XGL just this morning on the listserve. I will let you know what kind of an answer I hear back. Celebrate! :cartwheels: :cartwheels: ;)

Someone has asked. Nothing has happened yet that it is being considered unless it is already there since I looked. ;) I have not looked for it today but simply read the request.