MS Outlook

boilertech

Is it possible to have ALL the data from outlook to be somewhere other than it's default setting? What I am looking to do is set up a dual boot system maybe XP and 2000. I would like to use Outlook but I do not want to import/export back and forth everytime I switch from one OS to the next. I know I can do this with Thunderbird by editing the "profiles.ini" file to point to another location. Can this be done with MS Outlook?

You didn't mention which version of Outlook, but the following talks about setting up an Outlook 2002 installation to reference a .PST file on a network server:<disregard - link did not work>I think you can interpret "network server" to be any data location that is accessible to both Outlook installations, whether it's on the same partition as one of the Windows installations or elsewhere.I think you'll probably have to set up the account information (POP/SMTP/credentials) on each installation, but as long as they're looking at the same .PST you should be OK.Kevin

Edited by kkehoe

The link you gave does not work

The Knowledge Base (KB) Article You Requested Is Currently Not AvailableThe article you are looking for is currently not available. Please try one of the following options for assistance:
I am running Outlook 2000.

Never mind I found the link. Doesn't seem to have an easy way of doing what I want though. There must be a line in the registry or an .ini file that tells outlook the path to the data files.