Nocturnal Slacker v1.0

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I've decided to let my Nocturnal Slacker blog at Chris Pirillo's LockerGnome site go dormant. I've started a new blog at WordPress.com called Nocturnal Slacker v1.0. It's a techie blog like my old one at Chris site. I needed a bit more control of my content and a lot less advertisements on the page. I wasn't participating in Chris' Google AdSense ad revenue, anyway.Stop on in occasionally and read/comment. Love to have you!http://noctslackv1.wordpress.com

securitybreach

Now subscribed to Nocturnal Slacker v1.0 and Nocturnal Slacker v2.0. Are both staying active or what?>

V.T. Eric Layton

Yuppers! Both the blogs on Wordpress are active (v1.0 and v2.0). It's only the LockerGnome blog that's going dormant. Thanks for subscribing. :' />

V.T. Eric Layton
v1.0 is the technical blog.v2.0 is more a personal blog... not a whole lot of techie stuff there.Read 'em both. Tell your friends and neighbors about 'em. :yes:Have fun!

I'm already subscribed to v2 but I don't have the Reader set up in Bodhi yet. Not that I have a whole lot of time to read anyhow... :)

V.T. Eric Layton

Maybe I should start an audio blog for you. Or better yet, I could just call and leave rambling missives on your cell phone voice mail. :)

V.T. Eric Layton

I like your new Bodhi leaf and Linux Registration sigline.So, does this mean you're not ranting and raving about Ultimate anymore? Gosh! You remind me of me back when I was sowing my wild Linux oats. Eventually, you'll settle on a distro. It'll fit just like that ol' riding boot. You'll know right off that it's the one for you.

So, does this mean you're not ranting and raving about Ultimate anymore? Gosh! You remind me of me back when I was sowing my wild Linux oats.
I've actually been that way about several things over the course of my life... :)
Eventually, you'll settle on a distro. It'll fit just like that ol' riding boot. You'll know right off that it's the one for you.
Just like women! :whistling:

securitybreach
I like your new Bodhi leaf and Linux Registration sigline.So, does this mean you're not ranting and raving about Ultimate anymore? Gosh! You remind me of me back when I was sowing my wild Linux oats. Eventually, you'll settle on a distro. It'll fit just like that ol' riding boot. You'll know right off that it's the one for you.
Well if your anything like me, you will never be completely happy with any distro. That said, you will find one that pretty much suits you.

jmjlinux586

Hello,I posted links to Nocturnal Slacker v1.0 and Nocturnal Slacker v2.0on my website.Plus links to go2linux and fuddster's pagesand the 20 years of Linux.Click here.

Edited by jmjlinux586

V.T. Eric Layton

Thank, Jerry! My gosh! You've got all kinds of good stuff on that site of yours. You just got bookmarked! >_

jmjlinux586

Hello,

My gosh! You've got all kinds of good stuff on that site of yours.
Thanks Eric.I don't know why, but people do not stay on my site very long,they couldn't possibly view everything in 10 seconds.It is just like the title says " Helpful Linux Links and Piano Links".They are free links to help people learn about linux or piano.Maybe I should call it FREE Helpful Linux Links and Piano Links. B) What's New???The HeliOS Project - B.O.D.and The Blog of Helios just made it to my What's New Page Edited by jmjlinux586

V.T. Eric Layton

Hi Jerry, the only thing that I can figure is that folks might find your site a bit overwhelming due the amount of info and links. You might try a different approach to displaying them... use separate pages, use images (people like pictures B) ), different colors can be appealing too. I'm no expert, I just know what I like. One of the Linux sites that I visit regularly is LWN.net. I like their layout. It's simple yet appealing. Try different things. You probably won't find the best combination right off. Hint: copy other successful sites. ;)Hey, Dick... Yup! Say your comments. I'll be headed over there to approve/reply shortly. Thanks for stopping by. :w00t:

Now subscribed to both. You Bash Script articles in v1.0 were very imformative especially for someone who is centering most of his attention at this point to just that topic.I will admit it, v2.0 Easter Egg Hunt brought some tears to my eyes for personal reasons. ;)Have spent a good part of the day reading all the current blogs on each. Will look forward to seeing an email from either one informing me of another great article. Techie or not. :)Thanks for sharing EricAll the best,Ian

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks for reading/commenting, Ian. I can see from the stats that at least a couple people read my blogs, but it's nice to get comments from friends, too. :yes:More stuff coming. I try to post an article on each blog every other day, at least. I don't always succeed. There's another BASH scripting article coming up shortly, though. :' />

Plus links to go2linux and fuddster's pages
Hi Jerry, thanks for the link! I did stop by your site and bookmarked it for later perusal. Things have been kind of hectic in RL lately... :wacko: :) Eric, I have you (and a few others from Scot's) loaded up in my reader. :thumbup: So much to read, so little time... :o