Arch Update Failure Also

amenditman

amenditman

When I attempted to system update today I got this error.

[amenditman@bobdesk ~]$ yaourt -SyuPassword: :: Synchronizing package databases... core is up to date extra is up to date community is up to date multilib is up to date archlinuxfr is up to dateerror: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies):: Starting full system upgrade...:: package-query: requires yajl>=2.0

When I checked the repos I see yajl is only on version 1.0.11.3I could remove yaourt and try to get around it, but I'd rather wait and see if there is a better fix.Any suggestions.

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm going to double post this here and at Amenditman's thread about this same topic:I just updated Arch. No tribbles at all. Here's where the differences may lie... I'm running a pure 64 bit installation with NO KDE libs. My WM/DE is Xfce 4.8. I do have some Gnome libs, though.What are you guys running on your Arch installations?++++++Also, Bob... why don't you update using Pacman and see what happens...

# pacman -Syu

If that works then:

$ yaourt -Syua

amenditman

Ha, great minds and all that.I tried to update using pacman, it said it couldn't because it couldn't resolve yaourt dependencies.I can either wait and see or uninstall yaourt.

V.T. Eric Layton

My yaourt got corrupted a while back (cause unknown). I had to uninstall/reinstall to fix it. You may as well go ahead and do that. No sense in waiting. :hysterical:

amenditman

I did

pacman -R yaourt

all went as expected.I did

pacman -Syu

I got the same error about package-query and an unresolvable dependency, namely yajl >=2.0It asked if I would like to ignore that package for the transaction, I answered yes.It then said everything is up to date with no other output. I cannot be up to date, I haven't updated in a month.I cleared the cache with

pacman -Scc

Resynced my repositories with

pacman -Syy

That seemed to go right.

pacman -Syu

Still says there is nothing to do.So, I have uninstalled yaourt, package-queryBut the original problem still exists. yajl >=2.0 is needed for yaourt and the repository only has yajl 1.0.11-3 [installed].Cannot reinstall yaourt because I don't have the required dependencies.When I search for the dependency I get

[root@bobdesk amenditman]# pacman -Ss yajlcommunity/lua-yajl-git 20101121-1	Lua interface to yajl.community/yajl 1.0.11-3 [installed]	Yet Another JSON Library.

abarbarian
[root@myhost ~]# pacman -Syu:: Synchronising package databases... core					 37.7K  136.7K/s 00:00:00 [######################] 100% extra				   474.3K  145.1K/s 00:00:03 [######################] 100% community			   434.8K  126.5K/s 00:00:03 [######################] 100% archlinuxfr			  24.7K  128.9K/s 00:00:00 [######################] 100%:: Starting full system upgrade...:: Replace heimdal with core/krb5? [Y/n] yresolving dependencies...looking for inter-conflicts...Remove (1): heimdal-1.3.3-4Total Removed Size:   12.15 MBTargets (22): apr-1.4.4-1  apr-util-1.3.11-1  krb5-1.9.1-1  autofs-5.0.5-6			  cifs-utils-4.9-3  dbus-core-1.4.8-1  dbus-1.4.8-1			  libcups-1.4.6-2  gtk-update-icon-cache-2.24.4-2  gtk2-2.24.4-2			  exo-0.6.1-1  ghostscript-9.02-2  smbclient-3.5.8-3			  gnome-vfs-2.24.4-3  gtk3-3.0.9-2  kernel26-2.6.38.6-1			  libtirpc-0.2.1-3  lm_sensors-3.3.0-3  neon-0.29.3-3			  sbcl-1.0.48-1  subversion-1.6.15-2  syslog-ng-3.2.4-1Total Download Size:	82.95 MBTotal Installed Size:   362.80 MB

Thats my update from today.

[root@myhost ~]# su user[user@myhost root]$ yaourt -SyuaPassword: :: Synchronising package databases... core is up to date extra is up to date community is up to date archlinuxfr is up to date Foreign packages: / 9 / 9

An thats todays yaourt.Looks like evrything is running good here. Don't know if that helps you folks. :)

amenditman

I finally got around to re-installing package-query and yaourt today.Everything went fine. Ran yaourt -Syyu and had ~1700MB of downloaded updates to the system.I have a new question raised by this experience.Will the new install of yaourt be aware of the AUR packages I have installed and keep them up to date?I'm thinking yes, but not 100% about that.

securitybreach
I finally got around to re-installing package-query and yaourt today.Everything went fine. Ran yaourt -Syyu and had ~1700MB of downloaded updates to the system.I have a new question raised by this experience.Will the new install of yaourt be aware of the AUR packages I have installed and keep them up to date?I'm thinking yes, but not 100% about that.
Yes, yaourt will work as before since it reads the same package list as before. All of your packages will be upgraded as normal.