Samsung M400 Does Not Work w/2013 Honda

Purhonen

BACKGROUND: September 2012 got a 2013 Honda Accord EXL. It has a system called HandsFreeLink with which you can pair a bluetooth phone and use your cell phone hands-free. At the time I had a Sanyo Vero SCP-3820 (Sprint). It worked fine with the new car. In December 2012 I get a new phone from Sprint (Samsung M400) -- it pairs with the bluetooth okay but I CAN NOT RECEIVE calls. I can make outgoing calls. Unbeknownst to me when I got the new phone was a Honda web site (http://automobiles.honda.com/handsfreelink/find-a-phone.aspx) which lists phones compatible with their HandsFreeLInk system; of course my phone was not on the extensive list. (My wife has a Samsung M370 and it can successfully make outgoing calls AND receive incoming calls.)

PHONE INFO: My Samsung M400 has the following

- Under "Version": PRL: 50592, S: LH6, H: M400.05.

- Under "My Bluetooth Info": Supported Profiles: HSP/HFP/OPP/PBAP/DUN

THE QUESTION (finally!, right): Is there a firmware and/or software upgrade which can make my phone work as it is expected to with HandsFreeLink? It baffles me that a newer model of essentially the same phone as my wife's can not answer calls on the HandsFreeLink.

Steve

Guest LilBambi

I don't have an answer, but wanted to let you know your posting was not missed. Hopefully someone will be able to help or at least give you the bad news...

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem. I spoke with Honda several times and they tried several things, none of which worked. One that made a lost of sense is to change the answer setting to any key. When Honda gave up, I called Sprint. They downloaded update Bluetooth firmware. That didn't work either, but the agreed to replace the phone. I go tomorrow. I will see if another m400 works. If not, I will have to switch to a different phone. I hope not because I like this phone better than any of the others they have.

Guest LilBambi

Glad Sprint is working with you on it Laurenf00 and welcome to the forums!

Let us know how it goes with your Sprint phone and whether they need to get you another phone instead.