playing WMV on a MAC

crp

what would be the equivalent performance MAC to:

# AMD Sempron 3400+ (256KB L2 cache, 1800MHz)# 512MB DDR2 SDRAM# 160GB SATA# DVD-Dual drive (DVD+/-RW)# integrated NVIDEO GeForce6100
and to a
XPS 410, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6320 (1.86GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 2 DIMMs 320GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢ 256MB nVidia Geforce 7300LE TurboCache DVD-Dual drive (DVD+/-RW)
thanks

You can download Microsoft's Windows Media Player here. It's not the latest version, and MS has stopped future development, but it works on my Macs (PPC, not Intel).There's also this plug in to play Windows media files in QuickTime. I haven't used it, so I can't say how well it works.

Edited by bjf123

so out of the box, no MAC will play WMV ?
I have no idea, but I know that VLC will play WMVs on any platform on which it runs.

I'm not much into comparing tech specs, but there are iMacs that closely match the specs of the first system you listed. You can see a comparison of those systems here. Click on Compare Specs. To get the hard drive you're looking for on the second system, I think you need a built to order Mac Pro (BTW, it's Mac, not MAC). You can see the specs for the Mac Pros here. Again, click on Compare Specs. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...