New Version Release: WinPatrol 2007 v12

TeMerc

From Bits From Bill

I am very pleased with the feedback I’ve received from everyone who helped test the newest version of WinPatrol. The new version is officially available today.Everyone seems to really like our new Scotty icon. The last time I tried to change the main icon there was a rebellion of sorts. All our Vista users are glad that Scotty has his voice back.I’ve had the most feedback about the new HijackPatrol log which is now available on the Options tab. This new informational feature isn’t intended to replace any other program but provides WinPatrol information in a familiar format. Based on the feedback from testers I’ve included additional information in our log like File Type Associations and Hidden file locations.All the new reports are available to both Free and Plus users although access to PLUS information has been improved and is available with a single click. Version 12 carries on our goal of helping everyone answer the question, “What the heck is running on my computer, where did it come from and what is it doing?â€What's New
  • New Scotty Icon
  • Two New Report Options
    • HijackPatrol Log
    • SpreadSheet Log

[*]Easy Access to PLUS Info[*]PLUS Requests updated for future expansion

Bug Fixes:

• Fix size bug in autodetection of Explorer/Run/Policy autostart entry
  • Auto correct screen position errors on multiple monitor systems when registry has been corrupted.
  • Local flag sent for any country code and not just ones currently supported
  • Secret Startup location checkbox now available immediately after entering PLUS name/code.
  • Found solution to why Scotty's bark was silent in Vista.
  • Fixed bug reading large HOST, WinPatrol History and Netscape Cookie files

To download version 12, go to http://www.winpatrol.com/upgrade.html

Bill has alerted me to an update for WinPatrol 2007 v12.0.2007.1You only need to update if you experience either of the two following specific problems:

• Scotty lists all host entries in WinPatrol Hijack Log for users of RogueRemover
  • You prefer the older Scotty icon

Users who want to change the icon only, can run the following script, provided of course by BillP:http://www.winpatrol.com/support/scottyicon.regI for one, prefer the new one, but Bill being the kind of guy he is, likes to keep all of Scotty's friends happy. Now when was the last time a sec developer did anything like that?Kudos to Bill and Scotty rocks!WinPatrol Upgrade Page