Getting Ready to Deploy

ross549

The Navy has finally decided to make use of my skills by sending me to the fleet for a six-month deployment. I will be sent TAD (temoporary assigned duty) to the USS Austin.I am scheduled to transfer next week, on the third. I do not know the exact day in which I will actually get underway, but I can say that I will have virtually no internet while gone. I will have limited e-mail, so I will be able to communicate to my family and close friends.If you would like to keep up with teh latest news on my deployment, click the following address:http://www.cowsmilk.net/index.php?module=fatcat&fatcat[user]=viewCategory&fatcat_id=7&module_title=articleI may be able to post something here at some point while out there, but there is absolutely no guarantee that will be happening. The best source of info will be my website, as I will send updates to my sister for her to post.Adam

:w00t: :D
Med cruise? Where'd you get that idea?
Austin, not out here anywhere, must be back there ... North Atlantic, South Atlantic (rare), or Med .... of course, it cuold just stay in Western Atlantic too ................

i'll have to send you, via regular mail, a couple of boxes of tcp/ip packets (assembly required!) :w00t:
Add 1/3 cup of sugar, mix evely, and put in the oven at 375 for 45 mintues, and YUM! (Suger for a glaze). :DWell, I got moved yesterday. No cable yet, so I have to scrape someone's wirless until the cable is turend on Monday :D

Well folks, I have about 18 hours left of freedom. :PI checked on board the ship today. We are scheduled to get underway sometime tomorrow morning.

I'm glad things worked well. Julia, you are probably one of the rare people in the hospital hooked up to IVs and running a nb, surfing and doing one-handed typing! See if you can get some of the staff interested in lunux and FF while you are there.Adam, good luck. We'll miss your posts for 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy folks!Turns out I have sub-sub-sub-dialup capabilities every once in a while here on the ship. I cannot say where I am exactly, but I am in Bruno's timezone. It is very early morning here right now.I just had a nice visit to Cartagena, Spain. It is a small city just past th Straits of Gibraltor. (I know I spelled that one wrong) Got to eat some authenic European food. Yum!Well, I will be checking in once in a while. See you all soon!

sub-sub-sub-dialup capabilities every once in a while
ah, be thankful for whatever you can grab. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, eating European food. Since it isn't a holiday there, if you have shore leave, at least the shops will be open.