DVD Burners

PDEmery

I like my TDK that I got at best buy. It is the 4x DVD+RW and was under $200 with rebate in August or July when I got it but I can't remember when exactly. Hope this helps.One suggestion is keep your CDRW around as these DVDr's don't do CDR's very fast. Nero can handle both drive types with ease just by selecting the recorder from the menu.Good luck.Chris

I'll chime in--I have an NEC-1100A and while it's among the cheapest (it came OEM in my Dell) I haven't yet made a coaster due to the drive. All the DVD-video disks have played great in my home players and one is a little old. Sure I'd like a faster drive (it's 4X max) but those are really expensive right now and I have yet to see any 8X media in the normal places.

Guest ThunderRiver

There is another $99 deal at TigerDirect with I/O Magic Dual 4x DVD burner that supports all DVD formats.http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/wem582.as...?SRCCODE=WEM582I personally haven't had any problems with TigerDirect, but there have been a number of complains against it. Those complains are actually public records that you can find online.So buy it from TigerDirect at your own risk. They do have nice deals though, and I don't mind buying stuff from them.