New Index Page The Tips

Bruno

Today a new index page of The Tips has replaced the old one, items have been placed in categories and in a more logical order. All this to make it easy to find the Tip you need. What are your thoughts ? PLEASE: Because it´s very hard to maintain the links in on index-page I´m asking everybody NOT to change old posts, nor to add new posts or comments in The Tips thread. Either post them here in this thread, or send me a PM. :( Bruno PS: I also changed the title to: Tips for Linux Explorers :angry:* Your Loyal Tipper :w00t:

Heh- I just used the tarballs tip to install Mozilla 1.5!! Worked great!Thank you, Bruno, for helping us "linux-challenged" to get on with using our computers..... :(

Thank you Ross,As long as you have FUN using our computer, every effort from us, members and moderators, is worth the energy we put in it ! :(:angry: Bruno

Guest LilBambi

Awesome Bruno! Great idea!This is one of the best index's I have seen for Linux tips!Julia, excellent help in helping to get this going with the first draft!Thanks to you both!

It looks awesome.Great job Bruno :blink: Thanks Julia for initiating it since this looks to me like a best linux knowledge source I know of so far, hands down.We all benefit from it.I am the first one to come back to these tips when I need something done in Linux.

Hey hey, ho ho . . . Thanks for the kind words, but we´re not fishing for compliments here, ( although very nice :devil: ) we would like to know what we can do to make it even better, how we can achieve perfection. So if you´ve got any bright ideas, constructive critic . . . . now is the time to shoot. :devil: BrunoPS: Does it look the same in IE as in Galeon ?

Cluttermagnet

It is always a great idea to better organize a large group of files. Indexing them is a wonderful idea. I am glad you did that, Bruno. If you had not made the changes, everyone would be forced to click through too many pages to find their info. Thanks!

Very well done. Now the only problem will be when the outside world finds out about it and Scot finds out what it is like to be slash dotted.
I was just thinking about that :D. Looks very nice Bruno. Much more convenient.

Guest LilBambi
Very well done. Now the only problem will be when the outside world finds out about it and Scot finds out what it is like to be slash dotted. B)
LOL! Good one Owyn! ;)