Forum upgrade

Jeber

As you should by now be aware, we are soon to upgrade to IPB 2.0 from our present 1.3.1. An increase of .6.1 requires a great deal of work. As Scot has mentioned, Arena2045 always seems to wind up with the most difficult part...like fixing what breaks, coding new skins from scratch, putting up with all the moaning and groaning from those Highlanders not thrilled with change.In order to make things go as easily as possible, you can do the following to help out;1) Remove all personal sticky-notes, pictures, kid's drawings from your forum space2) Remove all potted plants until after the upgrade (then water them, for goodness sake...they're all dying from lack of light)3) Power off your workstations during the move, as more cable moving might be required4) Embrace the blue...5) Empty your own trash at the end of the day. Our regular maintanence crew won't be able to clean the forum until after the upgrade is completeIt would be a shame to have the upgrade stall at 1.9.2 because some dying creeping charlie dropped a leaf into the code base and crashed the process. Don't be the one responsible for keeping us from reaching our goal.Thank you for your cooperation.We apologize for any inconvenience.The SFNL IT Department :thumbsup:

Guest LilBambi

Jack, :D "Our regular maintanence crew won't be able to clean the forum until after the upgrade is complete."Hmmm, we have a regular maintenance crew for the trash cans? Sheesh...and I have been taking the papers out back and burning them, and separating cans and recyclables myself. Drat! :thumbsup:

AHA!!Now we know who burned down the Official Scot's Newsletter Forums Split-level Outhouse. While we appreciate your efforts, please, it's always best to leave such things to the experts. That why we pay them $2.50 an hour. They know what they're doing...which at present is trying to rebuild the restrooms. :thumbsup:

From: SFNL SecurityTo: All HighlandersRE: Forum UpgradeFolks, Please be aware that the forum upgrade may again break some threads. Pleas be aware that broken threads may be radioactive. If you find one, please alert a moderator (they have the radiation suits), and they can clean up the mess. :)Thank you for your attention. :)

Jeber, you sly dog, I'm laughing out loud again!I know, I know. Very uncool of me to point this out. But what do you expect from a nearly 47-year-old geek?-- Scot

nlinecomputers

Fran,You have been doing just fine(minor fire damage aside). When you miss staff meetings you get ,*cough*, assigned jobs. YOU are the maintenance staff. It's all in the official record, by unanimous vote. But hey you get all the perks, a nice office behind the water heater, free parking out back near the dumpster, great co-workers (when they are sober...). Man I tell you it's a dream job.

Guest LilBambi

THAT was the restroom? Oops! I thought it was some stuff that needed burning! Was just trying to clean up a bit .... LOL! :P SFNL Security - LOL! Good one!See Nathan was right! :)

For memory's sake...our former outstructure (it was so much more than an outhouse...it was a true source of "inspiration from above" for us employees)outhouse.jpg

however, the lack of an outhouse due to carelessness is appaling.   we've had outhouses for decades now.  and personally, i've enjoyed it.i mean, what are we, savages?  when shall we expect the careless party to redo the do do?
Here's another one for you Temmu... :P windows_crapper.gifEdit: I was going to post the pix that Jeber posted... :) Edited by Plukaduk

nlinecomputers

Ok we've lost one Rad Suit. This is an emergency. We are going to have to improvise. I need 12 dry-cleaning suit bags, some gauze, aluminum foil, and a roll of duct tape.

SiebIt has been a while since we have seen that one! :lol: How appropriate.....Will the rennovation include an elevator to get to the management outhouse? You know the knees are not quite what they used to be.I found my radiation suit. Somehow hubby had downloaded it by mistake and thought it was a new fitness conditioning suit for his daily run. ;)

nlinecomputers
I found my radiation suit. Somehow hubby had downloaded it by mistake and thought it was a new fitness conditioning suit for his daily run.
Ok strike my last request. We now have an emergency need for odor eaters or thoses little pine tree air freshers.

It looks like we are safely back on line after the upgrade. You will notice a number of changes. We will work on whatever details (actually Arena2045 will) need to be done. Please sit back and wait and explore what is here now. Some really interesting options are now available. Play around with it a bit. :thumbsup:

It looks like we are safely back on line after the upgrade.  You will notice a number of changes.  We will work on whatever details (actually Arena2045 will) need to be done.  Please sit back and wait and explore what is here now.  Some really interesting options are now available.  Play around with it a bit. :thumbsup:

Looks a lot more interesting--cleaner. Can't wait to see what Arena comes up with skin-wise!Neil

nlinecomputers

Please watch the wet paint signs! Looks good so far but Arena got a lot of customizing ahead of him so please do not adjust your set. We control the horizontal and the vertical.

Please be aware that some emoticons and some images will appear broken until I have time to fix everything with the default skin. Also, the blue skin will be the only one avb for a few days. Sorry no requests for colors please.

Looks sharp so far! :)BTW - I love the Online/offline status indicators :) It's really nice to be able to see who's here.The new quote boxes are neat! :) Much prettier than the old plain ones :P

Edited by GolfProRM

2 days ago i dis-assembled both of my WD 80g. HD's and spread them out neatly in my forum area as i knew i would be out of town for awhile and wanted to make the least amount of work for the crew...I got back this evening eager in anticipation to see the upgrade on my drives and the new blue color, only to find everything as i left it. The platters aren't blue at all.Was the crew not here ? ?I gave them the correct address...Puzzled. :angry2: patio. :w00t:

Personally, I'll be very happy when Arena does his thing. With the "basic" IPB skin, I have to keep scrolling to the top of the page to see which forum I'm on. :w00t:

Personally, I'll be very happy when Arena does his thing.  With the "basic" IPB skin, I have to keep scrolling to the top of the page to see which forum I'm on.  :w00t:

All ya have to do is look at the title bar at the top of your browser - it says where you are.Plus it also says in the bottom lower right hand corner Edited by havnblast

Thanks, havnblast. Sorry, I meant that as a joke. So many of the forums I visit that use IPB have the basic skin installed. Its nice, but after a while, its rather like a bunch of row houses or a new track home development. They all look alike. Well, except for one rather distinct difference. None of the other forums have a picture of the Head Highlander gracing their boards. :w00t:

Thanks, havnblast.  Sorry, I meant that as a joke.  So many of the forums I visit that use IPB have the basic skin installed.  Its nice, but after a while, its rather like a bunch of row houses or a new track home development.  They all look alike. Well, except for one rather distinct difference.  None of the other forums have a picture of the Head Highlander gracing their boards.  :o

;) gotcha - lots of skins available and not hard to install - download and 4 clicks later all done. The custom skinning in 2.0 is a piece of cake too. I had my own custom one before I switch it out to mybb forum software. I'm leaving the one at 1.3 cause I'm too cheap for the license.