• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• Corrine
      Pale Moon has been updated to version 33.2.0.  This is a development, stability and security release.   New features: Implemented the missing parts of the html5 <dialog> element, including modal handling and custom backdrops. Implemented courser, user-configurable granularity for the canvas poisoning anti-fingerprinting measure. See implementation notes. Implemented new CSS viewport units svw, svh, svmin, svmax, lvw, lvh, lvmin, lvmax, dvw, dvh, dvmin and dvmax. Implemented new CSS logical viewport units vb, vi, svb, svi, lvb, lvi, dvb and dvi. Changes/fixes: Removed the archaic and wholly outdated FIPS security module code. Removed the archaic DBM support code for storing of passwords in DBM format files. Removed the -moz prefix from -moz-fit-content, aligning with the current CSS standard fit-content value. Updated our build system by adopting parts of the old autoconf 2.13 as maintained code. autoconf 2.13 is no longer a build requirement. If you build from source, you may want to review your dependencies with this change. Fixed issues when building with GCC 14.* and Clang 16.*. Fixed issues with emoji sequence clusters causing incorrect rendering of emoji glyphs in some cases. Made some arguments to the legacy XPathEvaluator/XPathExpression interfaces optional for web compatibility. Fixed a crash when reporting JavaScript module exporting errors. Updated checking of special cookie prefixes to be case-insensitive in accordance with the current RFC 6265 (bis-11+). Fixed issues with external protocol handlers. Fixed an issue where autocomplete pop-ups would stay open in some circumstances. Fixed an issue with potentially bad file names being entered by the user to "Save As...". Fixed several crashes and race conditions. Security issues addressed: CVE-2024-5699, CVE-2024-5702 DiD, CVE-2024-5690, CVE-2024-5698 DiD, CVE-2024-5688 DiD, CVE-2024-5692 and several other security issues (some more DiD) that do not have CVE numbers assigned to them. Pale Moon includes both 32- and 64-bit versions for Windows: Pale Moon for Windows downloads.   Update: To get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window.  Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.   Release Notes
    • Hedon James
      You seem to be aware of most options for lightweight web browsers, and I did the same once upon a time; but have forgotten most of them.  I remembered PaleMoon, but here's a good list (many of which you already tried): https://itsfoss.com/lightweight-web-browsers-linux/   I remember Waterfox, but have completely forgotten about SeaMonkey, which I found interesting.  Viper is a new one to my ears, but sounds like a match for you maybe?  Enjoy!  
    • raymac46
      I have installed NetSurf and it did allow me to log in and reply to your post @HJ but for some reason I don't have a cursor in the response text box. NetSurf looks a bit glitchy in its display as well. I will take a look into PaleMoon.
    • Hedon James
      Google Chrome doesn't like LXQt desktop.  It WILL NOT launch.  I have to launch Chrome with flag "--disable-features=AllowQt", which works perfectly; so I created a custom launcher for Chrome-QT and all is good.  Don't know why, but it works and I moved on.  I wonder if the Gnome Browser doesn't like LXQt for a similar reason?  I wonder if the Chrome flag would work on Gnome Browser?    Alternatively, maybe something like PaleMoon (lightweight Firefox derivate) would be a good choice? https://developer.palemoon.org/docs/linux-installation/
    • raymac46
      I've been playing around with Dillo and the Gnome Web browser on my Netbook and they are non-starters. Dillo launches and runs OK but I cannot login to SNF with it. The Gnome Web Browser (AKA Epiphany) just crashes when I try to launch it. I tried a deinstall and remove .local Epiphany files then reinstall but that didn't work. I would have to check the logs I guess to see what is going on. Maybe Gnome Web just doesn't like LXQt or Xfce. For now Falkon is the best solution followed by Midori.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• sunrat
    • Corrine
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Basher52
    Newest Member
    Basher52