• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• amenditman
    • securitybreach
      The problem with 32bit or atom machines is the lack of ram due to their age. Browing the internet is almost impossible on them. I have a neat little netbook from like 2009 that has a 64bit atom but the 2gb of ram makes the machine unusable.
    • raymac46
      I had a couple of 32 bit netbooks - 1 Acer and 1 Dell. They have been recycled. The Toshiba is really a nice little piece of hardware. Battery still works after a fashion and it has a 64 bit Atom processor so I could use Arch with it. I needed to replace the hard drive with a cheap SSD to avoid going insane. I wanted to have a non critical machine to experience an Arch install and afterwards keep it up to date. The only thing I had was the Toshiba. Arch has behaved as advertised - and then some. I occasionally get glitches in updating but I have been able to fix them. I now have a second junker in the Arch universe but I simply installed EndeavourOS on that one.
    • securitybreach
    • sunrat
      The battery is basically defunct and I had to replace the keyboard but it does still work on mains power. I bought the original EeePC 701 when it came out but replaced it as soon as the 900 was available. And yeah, the default OS sucked. I replaced it with Sidux immediately.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• amenditman
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Basher52
    Newest Member
    Basher52