• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• securitybreach
      Linus Torvalds on the state of Linux today and how AI figures in its future
    • securitybreach
      Well Linus only works on parts of the kernel and has nothing to do with broad development at all.
    • Will
      "Autocorrect on steroids"   I think this accurately represents the current state of LLMs.   Machine Learning is great. Overhyped "AI" chatbots.... they have much more limited utility than companies trying to sell us products currently claim.
    • Cluttermagnet
      Right, Josh-   Well, I have the luxury of not having to deal with Windows any more- It's been over 15 years now since I bid adieu to the MS world. So my comments above were strictly with regard to how NPU might impact linux desktop security. Really, with something that powerful, I have a hard time believing the designers would be able to resist including 'phone home' by default, maybe even hiding it.   Yes, I have heard enough about Win 11 to know I'm sure glad I'm not in that world. Win11 appears to be the Darth Vader OS, whereas previous editions were more like, ahhh, Atilla the Hun? (grin) Constant screenshots are surely a security nightmare...   Linus, despite how much I admire him, sounds to me like he is getting a bit lax IMO. But I am only a humble end user and this sort of stuff is way beyond my level of understanding.   Clutter  
    • securitybreach
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• zlim
    • Hedon James
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Basher52
    Newest Member
    Basher52