Gentoo Review

Guest ThunderRiver

No speedlimits in Canada Prelude ? Are jet-eninges allowed ? Do you think they would like a French-Dutch Penguin comming over and have a test-flight in such a car ?Love speedy cars, but the limit is 100 km/hr over here, does not really add to the fun if you just payed good money to buy one who can do 240 !B) Bruno

but penguins can't fly, bruno. B) speed limit is 100 km/h as well, but only in some areas is that somewhat enforced. Canada is a big country, and it would take way too long to go 700km from Toronto to Montreal. most of the time, our highway's speed limit is as enforced as an Israeli-Palestinian cease-fire. B) most cars in the left lane average 140km/h, and the highway going up north from Toronto, highway 400, you can safely travel 160+ without fear of police (since theres probably 5 or 6 other cars going that speed ahead of you) ;) i dont recommend going 180+, thats when the police get nasty with you and clip yer wings ;) oh, gentoo thread, right.... gentoo sounds good, but do they have one pre-compiled for AMD Athlons?

Guest ThunderRiver

Hehe I say BSD is Lexus for me B) Turbo mode in Lexus is amazing. You should try it some some time.Instantly jump from 70 up to 110 MPH or so B)

see, i 'tried' to bring it back to gentoo thread, but screw it B) since u brought up Lexus, whats that Lexus, IS400 i think. D***... ~~~drool~~~hey, isnt Lexus same company as Toyota? B)

You guys are hurting my feelings...I'm really green with envy.. I would love a sports car..actually want a BMW..but alas I'll just drive my pick-up..Bruno I swear the fords have MS software in them :angry: LOL

Yea I drool everytime I see one..have for years..but here in Virginia with my lead foot (and luck)I would be in trouble from the first mile. :angry:

Guest ThunderRiver

Lexus is a sub company of Toyota, but they have different policy on the car production.Lexus is ranked the second next to Mercedes as in hardware performance, and ranked number 1 in customer satisfaction. If you have tried to test drive a Toyota and a Lexus, you will easily tell that the engine design in Lexus is soo much better. When you instantly speed up from 40 up to 80 MPH, Toyota engine already starts to have noise. But for Lexus, it is like walking on water, little piece of cake, and the steering in Lexus is just amazing.

Gentoo and AMD Athlon: look Here at the bottom.:angry: Bruno
based on the link, it seems like Athlon XP runs better on Gentoo then Pentium. Does that apply to all distros? Is AMD a better chip in a Linux environment?

Guest ThunderRiver
Doesn´t Lexus have Linux software inside ? Might even be Gentoo !  :DB) Bruno
I don't know if it uses Linux, but the computer inside Lexus is very very smart.

Guest ThunderRiver
based on the link, it seems like Athlon XP runs better on Gentoo then Pentium. Does that apply to all distros? Is AMD a better chip in a Linux environment?
Not always, I would think the mobo has alot of factor on it though

My AMD Athlon LOVES all Linux distro´s !Mandrake has even a special 64 bits version for the new 64 bits AMD´s.B) Bruno

I have to agree with you Bruno..in fact the only problem I have with linux is the guy behind the keyboard (...ummm that's me) That Knoppix ran smooth w/850 AMD( faster than the WinXP also loaded on same box)..really impressive..BTW..Bruno..do you ever sleep! :angry:

BTW..Bruno..do you ever sleep! biggrin.gif
People keep asking that ! I sleep from 2.00AM to 8.00 AM Central European Time. B) B) :angry: :D :D B) Bruno

FYI BrunoI got the knoppix loaded...so now I have 1 hp multi-boot with WinXP pro, FreeBsd and Mandrake and another with WinXP home and Debian,,Lilo works great...Thanks for the great instructions..have some sound issues, but will work on that tonight.

Lilo works great...Thanks for the great instructions.
Glad it worked well for you Barry, looks like you have a natural feeling for Linux distro´s, great !:rolleyes: Bruno

Lilo works great...Thanks for the great instructions.
Glad it worked well for you Barry, looks like you have a natural feeling for Linux distro´s, great !;) Bruno
LOL..don't know about natural feeling...I think the credit should go to your directions written to where an Ole Thick Headed Chief could follow them.