Windows 11 update

Bookmem

I have two boxes on which I installed the same version of Windows 11.  One has updated to OS Build 22000.258 while the other is still on Build 21996.1 and says no updates available.  Is this normal?  Also, I turned on the bit about receiving updates from other PCs on my LAN on both boxes.

2 hours ago, raymac46 said:

Did both machines pass Microsoft's criteria for running Windows 11? On some older hardware you can install Windows 11 but no updates, apparently.

Both passed the test and have the same Ryzen APU.

@Bookmemis Windows 11 working well for you? Both of my Windows machines can run Windows 11 but as I run Windows 10 with Open Shell I think I'll wait awhile. I like the old school Windows 7 look personally.

3 hours ago, raymac46 said:

@Bookmemis Windows 11 working well for you? Both of my Windows machines can run Windows 11 but as I run Windows 10 with Open Shell I think I'll wait awhile. I like the old school Windows 7 look personally.

I haven't had any problems, but I don't really use many of the "features".  My main reason for using Windows is that Linux has yet to provide a decent Android emulator.  I use Memu in Windows.

Well I decided to upgrade to Windows 11 after all. I have been pleased with the look and feel so far. I don't have Cortana, there is no search box in the taskbar, and the Start menu is quite functional compared to having all the flashing tiles in Windows 10. I don't think I'll need Open Shell any longer.

• +1 1