Possible request

zlim

Other forums I go to, indicate one way or the other,(sometimes a check, other times my nym) threads I have posted to. Is it possible to do the same here?

Images removed by plodr.

Edited by zlim
images no longer needed

V.T. Eric Layton
4 minutes ago, zlim said:

Is it possible to do the same here?

There is a ✰ that appears on the far left side of the thread listings in all forums. When you see that ✰, it means that you have participated in that thread.

Screenshot:

AH0GxNz.png

However, I will tell you this... I cannot see that star with my Firefox browser. I have to use Chromium to see it. So, for me to keep track of posts I've participated in I use a combination of "Notifications" and the "Unread" link, which I have customized to show posts that I "follow" when I click on it.

• Thanks 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I don't think it's actually grayed out. I think it's just that faded color on porpoise. ;)

• Like 1

securitybreach
8 minutes ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

I don't think it's actually grayed out. I think it's just that faded color on porpoise. ;)

Gotcha. :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

There is a ✰ that appears on the far left side of the thread listings in all forums. When you see that ✰, it means that you have participated in that thread.

However, I will tell you this... I cannot see that star with my Firefox browser. I have to use Chromium to see it. So, for me to keep track of posts I've participated in I use a combination of "Notifications" and the "Unread" link, which I have customized to show posts that I "follow" when I click on it.

I see the star in Firefox 78.12.0esr. Didn't realise what it meant until now, so thanks Eric. You seem to have occasional weird problems with your FF, too many custom user preferences?

• +1 1

V.T. Eric Layton
12 hours ago, sunrat said:

You seem to have occasional weird problems with your FF, too many custom user preferences?

Nah... more than likely, it's my VERY locked-down security settings.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:02 AM, V.T. Eric Layton said:

uhm, are you sure about that? When I hover over a filled in star the minipopup says "go to first unread post". Unless by "participated" you mean read a post and not just wrote a post.

6 hours ago, crp said:

uhm, are you sure about that? When I hover over a filled in star the minipopup says "go to first unread post". Unless by "participated" you mean read a post and not just wrote a post.

I think a filled-in dark star means you have contributed and there are new posts in that thread. If there are new posts in a thread to which you haven't contributed you will see a blue circle.

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Contributed also includes clicking the "Like" button on the lower right side of a post, I believe.

> If there are new posts in a thread to which you haven't contributed you will see a blue circle.

And yes to this. I forgot to mention the blue circles in my replies above.

wow, to me that star / circle is very subtle , didn't realize they were not the 'same' thing. how do people using phones tell the difference?