LXQt 0.17.1

raymac46

I upgraded Arch on my old Lenovo Flex2 laptop today. I am now running LXQt 0.17.1 and it seems to be just fine. I'll report later on stability and apps.

Hedon James

I'm sure it's stable and fine, or they wouldn't have released.  I just want to know if they restored (fixed!) the ability to right-click for a root menu.  This was a feature of PCManFM-QT, and PCMan is the guy who started this entire migration from LXDE/Gtk2 to LXQT/Qt.  If he's not the "founder" of LXQt, he is certainly the primary "raison d'etre".  And with that said, I find it hard to believe his code was "inelegant" and lacking in some fashion.  And even if it was, I'm sure he has the ability to clean it up to the standards of LXQt devs who found it lacking. 

I'm still using 0.14 on Debian Buster...the last version to still have that feature without modifying something else in LXQt.  And I will ride that version until the feature is restored, or it reaches EOL.  I hold grudges for LONG periods of time.  I know I shouldn't, but I'm still just a work in progress.

• Agree 1

Hedon James
19 minutes ago, raymac46 said:

@HJ no right click but under the Tools submenu in PCManFM there is "open tab in root instance."

Meh.  I've got "open as root" under the tools menu of 0.14.  Slightly different tool, but accomplishes the same thing.

8 hours ago, Hedon James said:

I hold grudges for LONG periods of time.  I know I shouldn't, but I'm still just a work in progress.

Grudge is the poison you drink when you want someone else to die.