V.T. Eric Layton

Network Insecurity - Data Collection and Manipulation of the Masses

V.T. Eric Layton

Read this:

Mindf*ck: Cambridge Analytica and the Plot to Break America

by

My brief review on GoodReads:

Finished this book in one sitting. When I first read the synopsis of this book back in 2019, I thought to myself that it was going to be a disturbing read. I was right about that. However, it should be read and understood by everyone.

It tells the story of how those with $$$ control the rest of us in this world. This isn't just a modern thing. This has been going on since man formed small communities shortly after leaving the caves for the first time. The powerful have always manipulated the weak and the system in order to maintain their power. This is nothing new; it's only the means to that end described here that are new.

securitybreach

Cool, I will add it to my queue

abarbarian
1 hour ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

It tells the story of how those with $$$ control the rest of us in this world.

I'll give that a whirl.

Have you listened to The Missing Crypto Queen podcast I posted about ? 🧐

V.T. Eric Layton
2 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Have you listened to The Missing Crypto Queen podcast I posted about ?

Er... I don't think so. Don't remember seeing that post, but I miss a lot these days. :(

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah... "cryptocurrency". That would be the reason I didn't follow the link... no interest.

On a related topic, sort of...

I find that I rarely, if ever, click on vid links that folks post here and there. I guess it's the ol' Luddite thing. I prefer to read an article rather than listen to one. Unfortunately, people don't seem to care to write these days as much as they did in the past. Videos are making people lazy.

securitybreach
2 hours ago, abarbarian said:

Well, wasn't that simply an exit scam ? Those happen quite frequently in shadier places on the net (markets over Tor, crypto exchanges, etc).

I started to listen to it but thought it was the same old story told again. Person creates crypto currency, person hypes it up big time and then runs off with everyone's money.

abarbarian
10 hours ago, securitybreach said:

Well, wasn't that simply an exit scam ? Those happen quite frequently in shadier places on the net (markets over Tor, crypto exchanges, etc).

I started to listen to it but thought it was the same old story told again. Person creates crypto currency, person hypes it up big time and then runs off with everyone's money.

It is sort of the type of scam you think it is. However there is more to the story. The $ amounts are simply staggering running into the tens of billions and the scam is still running. 😎

abarbarian
11 hours ago, V.T. Eric Layton said:

Ah... "cryptocurrency". That would be the reason I didn't follow the link... no interest.

On a related topic, sort of...

I find that I rarely, if ever, click on vid links that folks post here and there. I guess it's the ol' Luddite thing. I prefer to read an article rather than listen to one. Unfortunately, people don't seem to care to write these days as much as they did in the past. Videos are making people lazy.

I find it difficult to drive and read. I have done it in the past but only for short notes and map reading. 😎

securitybreach
2 minutes ago, abarbarian said:

I find it difficult to drive and read. I have done it in the past but only for short notes and map reading. 😎

Yup, I listen to books all the time on my commute and when I workout.