wntipcfg for Windows 2000/XP

Peachy

I'm surprised this isn't more well known, but Microsoft's Windows 2000 Resource Kit has a Windows 2000/XP equivalent to Windows 9x's winipcfg. You can download it from Microsoft here. :unsure:

Great, I'm going to put this in today's newsletter too. Wait? I already sent the newsletter.But it's in there.Great minds, Peachy.-- Scot

I've been using this in Win XP Pro for awhile now... Never had any problems with the command prompt, but like the GUI better... It's a mirror image of the 98/ME version, so it's very easy to use if you're new to 2k/XP.

Guest ThunderRiver

I post that link awhile ago; however, I rarely uses that feature.Since I have installed "Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client" as a service, my laptop is smart enough to locate and get an IP from any DHCP server whenever I plugin the Cat-5 cable.

Guest ThunderRiver

Very very very nice JackR!!! B) That's the program I have been looking for a long time B) It is always hard to tell what your external ip is when you are behind a router.ThunderRiver

Guest ThunderRiver

I just noticed how IP2 works. It is basically a GUI in Windows, but in the background, it goes to web sites like http://www.whatismyipaddress.comand copy the ip from the site and paste it back into the GUI. So in a way, it saves you the trip to open the browser and check out your external ip. I suppose that's a good shortcut to learn your external ip.