Got 2 Gmail invites

Arena2045

I have 2 Gmail invites available, and they do me no good just sitting there not being used.And I know the hype is basically over... but who cares.There is a requirement though: One 5 paragraph essay on why Mac OS X is better than current versions of Windows. :w00t:Joking! (about the requirement) First come first served. Remember I only have 2... but there may be some other members of the forum who have invites as well who may be willing to share.

Have 4 invitations to offer. I gave two away yesterday at gmailswap.com. This is a funny place where people offer unusual things in exchange for a gmail account. I got (verified on the websites) two donations to two different charities. However, since I got my gmail account here, I would be glad to share with other board members.Gmail must have picked this week to distribute more invitations.

here ya' go!i've 2 to pass out should any highlander (who doesn't already have one) want one.drop me a pm.  (i'll post if/when they're gone)
Hi I would be grateful if you could send me one of your gmail invites.Thankssconie

Guest Paracelsus
I got on Gmail a few months ago (used only sparingly).Can you give invites? or does Gmail only do the inviting?
From what I understand...G-Mail account holders are periodically given several "invitations", which the account holder can give to anyone they choose.I don't have G-Mail and therefore don't have any invites to distribute. But if I did...I'd make them available to my fellow Highlanders :thumbsup: ;)

I have 6 to give away to whomever would like one.
Are you sure? I had some left over that I got last week and was going to say something here but I find that they are gone. I think this last time they had an expiration date on them, not sure why though.

Are you sure?  I had some left over that I got last week and was going to say something here but I find that they are gone.  I think this last time they had an expiration date on them, not sure why though.
EdP i think they are still there, the box down 2 left are gone but if u look at the dark blue line just right for the "compose mail" link i think u will finid it again?I had 6 gave away 2 now back 2 6 for some reason.so if anybody wants one they can pm me 2ps. got mine from Ross549 thanx again :devil: and thanx for the invite from friendofdot, i like the spirit in this forum :thumbsup:

EdP i think they are still there, the box down 2 left are gone but if u look at the dark blue line just right for the "compose mail" link i think u will find it again?
Duh!! Right you are Keegan. Apparently those of us who used the prior 6 or someof them got the additional invites. I'll be dipped, I did not see them before you pointed me to them.If anybody's interested I too can supply. Just send the check er.. ah.. PM me together with your receipt and the UPC code... ah... you get the idea. :D

I run the freeware version of ZA, 4.5 version, and I don't have that problem.However, did you recently upgrade to XP's SP2 per chance? My daughter couldn't get to her online bank after I upgraded her to SP2, though she had no problem surfing otherwise. A check of her ZA log showed ZA was blocking her access. ZA was restricting IE's access to Internet sites outside the Trusted zone. I added IE access back to ZA and she was fine. I believe I also could have added the bank's URL to her Trusted Zone to resolve the problem.I was never sure if this was something she did when responding to an ZA prompt for the updated IE or if it was tied to SP2 more. But it was strange that she could access other sites with no problem just not the bank's. It could be tied to HTTPS and SP2. ;)

I'm only vaguely aware of Gmail and what it is. Seems to me you can get the same effect by simply going through a series of computers and using a series of email clients on those computers and setting up a bunch of folders and leaving them chock full of emails cleared out of your In Boxes. Besides, it all becomes an interesting archaeological treasure hunt if you go back five years later and get a peek at where you were in life by reading old emails. And said old emails, which really should long since have been deleted, are a heck of a lot more secure sitting on an unused computer sitting under your own roof! What is all the hype about Gmail? Why is it so 'big'? And BTW what is so jazzy about a huge hunk of totally non-secure, data-mineable storage? If I own a house, why would I want to put some of my most cherished belongings in community storage where nosy people could rifle through them? I guess I must just not get it. Thus far, I haven't even been motivated enough to even learn what the heck Gmail really is. Somebody want to straighten me out about Gmail?