Mandrake 10.1 Alpha 1

Mandrakelinux 10.1 alpha 1 is being uploaded to mirrors.Not on every mirror yet, but you can check here what mirrors should have it:http://www.acert.pt/~fribeiro/mirrorwatchWARNING: Mandrake Beta"s ( and Alpha"s ) are always buggy . . . do not replace your 10 official by this one but install it on a seperate partition !:'( Bruno

Already on Distrowatch:

Mandrakelinux 10.1 alpha 1 has been uploaded to mirrors. According to the revised schedule estimation, this is a cooker snapshot, coming up with kernel 2.6.8-rc1, gcc-3.4.1, kde-3.2.3, mozilla-1.7, and mplayer-1.0pre5
So get it quick before the mirros get busy . . ;)UPDATE: It is now on OS News too ( and a few Mandrake related sites ) . . . but still not Slashdotted ;):'( Bruno

My dear friends . . . Sorry, you better forget about this one ! . . I tested it and it is extremely buggy . . I can only get Gnome ( no KDE because of corrupt packages ) and then even only after mind bubbling tweaks.I have an up to date cooker install that runs absolutely fine, for the last 2 months with about the same packages ( other kernel ), but this cooker-"snap-shot" is useless !!So save yourself the trouble and wait for the next Alpha, Beta, or RCB) BrunoUPDATE: I finally got KDE working too . . . I deleted all the sources and added the ones I have on my coocker install . . then I urpmi-ed libkdebase and libkdecore, this downloaded the non corrupt files and installed them + dependencies . . after that I did a general update and now not only it boots to the GUI login, but also KDE works !So the 4 hours of hacking ended in a success ! :D

Edited by Bruno

Well now I won't feel bad that it is 10 days before I am back to my computer! Glad you found a work around for it even if it sounds like a pain.Julia :wub:

Loads of bugreports about Alpha 1 on the cooker mailing list . . . the general message is "wait for the next beta" :) :DB) Bruno