Getting the Right Linux Footprint

For those of you who don´t get the Fred Langa newsletter, here is a link to his article in InformationWeek: http://www.informationweek.com/story/showA...ticleID=9400393 about Linux. Scot and Langa make the best newsletters on this planet, for a free subscription, send an email to: subscribe-langalist@lyris.dundee.net ( I suppose you´ve got Scot´s one already :D :D ) :D Bruno

Bruno,Thanks for the post I checked Fred Langa's newsletter and signed up. I also read the article, I have been using a small footprint version of linux for sometime called Topologi Linux See Webpage. I really like it a lot and was wondering if you or anyone else has tried it out. It was a great way for me to get an introduction to linux and to learn. I'm now at the point where I'm confident enough to want to load a full version onto my computer.Thanks,Christopher :)

FuzzButt

This sounds like a good article to read but the page is blank for me when I open it. This is the only thing I dislike about Fred's newsletter. :)

Guest LilBambi

FuzzButt -Just try again later ... Fred Langa has a very large group of subscribers to both his free and Plus newsletters. The newsletter puts a hurtin' on any server mentioned in the newsletter, just like when TechTV's The Screensavers mentions a site on TV. ;)I easily got to the article last night, but I have also had times when I had to hit refresh once or twice, or had to go back when the server wasn't so busy.It happens :)

henderrob

I've been a premium subscriber of Fred Langa's for a couple of years. I really enjoy his perspective in things Windows. Most of the time, though, I think Scot's newsletter has more hard information.