Pale Moon 24.6 Update for Windows & Linux

Corrine

The update to Pale Moon 24.6 includes security updates as well as fixes/changes.

The full change log is available here.

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

Awesome! Got the portable version for myself.

NOTE: Something that was a duh for me, but when I read the change log, apparently not so much to others. If you need Desktop integration (url shortcuts on the desktop or in folders etc), get the installer instead of portable version.

Pale Moon has been updated to version 24.6.1 to address startup crashes experienced by some people. Additional details are available in my blog post Pale Moon 24.6.1 Update.

Update

To get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.

Guest LilBambi

Pale Moon has been updated to version 24.6.1 to address startup crashes experienced by some people. Additional details are available in my blog post Pale Moon 24.6.1 Update.

Update

To get the update now, select "Help" from the Pale Moon menu at the upper left of the browser window. Select About Pale Moon > Check for Updates.

I assume that would be for the installed version and not the portable right?

I just downloaded the portable version again ;)

Fran, can I fit the portable version on a 1GB USB stick?

I was going through my sticks and I can move files from a 1GB to a larger stick. I don't think I want to waste a 4GB or larger stick for a portable browser.

Guest LilBambi

Pale Moon folder size on disk*: 25.4 MB (26,660,864 bytes)

*Windows XP

Edited by LilBambi

Thanks. I know what I'll be working on later today. :teehee:

When I help my seniors, they usually only have IE with all the ads. I need something quick loading and no ads to grab needed files from sites I trust, not sit there while the browser sloooowly loads!

• Like 1

Actually I did that. I put Palemoon on an old 1GB stick I had a small distro on then I spent all of last night/early this morn working on 9 USB sticks with assorted distros on them to see which were practical for use on my 7" eeepc. Hours later, I came up with what is very usable for my needs on the small netbook: Lubuntu 13.10.

Of course I now see that another LTS came out in April.

I just installed v. 14.04 to one of the sticks I formatted. I'll play with that today setting up my browser preferences and installing my addons.. If it is like Xubuntu 14.04, it includes FF 28, which will work well for my safe surfing needs.

I don't want to remove what is on the 4GB ssd in the netbook because everything works well; it just isn't safe to surf on FF 2!!!!! So I continue to use the netbook offline with the installed Xandros/Debian hybrid and simply boot from the stick when I travel and want to go online.

Guest LilBambi

Thanks. I know what I'll be working on later today. :teehee:

When I help my seniors, they usually only have IE with all the ads. I need something quick loading and no ads to grab needed files from sites I trust, not sit there while the browser sloooowly loads!

I hear ya. I generally have a DVD or two, and a CD of tech tools with me as well as USB drives depending on what is in the computer (mostly DVDs these days) and also what the computer has on it and whether USB would be safe to use.

I have been know to use the USB and then come home and remove the partition and reformat it ... just cuz... in Linux of course.

Edited by LilBambi