San Diego Fires

ross549

Some fires are burning the in San DIego and Camp Pendleton regions of southern California. While the news may be blowing some things out of proportion (surprise!), the situation is as under control as it can be for now.

However, tehre is some amusement to be had....

Incredible ‘fire tornado’ video from Cailfornia

I never thought I would see something like this......

Adam

First drought then flood . then fire . now back to drought. Not much good for a Calif. wine enthusiast like lilolme

• Like 1

We had a small one pop up a couple miles from the house yesterday.... but it was small, and CalFire put it out fast. ;)

Adam

V.T. Eric Layton

yes, prolly zombies soon. :o

Or more likely, the Predator. They like those really hot summers. :yes:

predator_by_bamoon-d40wi1l.jpg

• Like 1

I am sure it was just a small mistake.

In any case, it sounds like the fires are contained. All evacuation orders have been lifted. :)

Adam

Gotta training camp about 4miles over the hill.. The racket those boys make is unreal . The best of it is when the flyboys start pounding the sea targets with air to ground missiles . Thats fun to watch . Targets are small ,water spouts are huge.

V.T. Eric Layton

Every once in a while they light off the cannons at Raymond James Stadium (viewing distance to my NW out the window by this desk) when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers manage to score, which isn't too often. ;)

5124722913_bddcaa708f_z.jpg

That's about as close I get to artillery fire around here. :yes:

• Like 1

Thats a very nice looking stadium .but why is it open at both ends .It looks unfinished.

Our latest is the *Aviva* Have a google . Its for Rugby primarily but they play soccer and concerts there too . Its Awesome.

Firearms give me the creeps . But I love the heavy stuff.

V.T. Eric Layton

I don't know who designed Raymond James Stadium. The vacant area just behind it in that picture is where the original Tampa Stadium used to be. It was also opened at both ends originally, but was later completed; then it got the nickname "The Big Sombrero." ;)

Tampa-stadium-first-game-te.jpg

Tampa-stadium-big-sombrero-.jpg

V.T. Eric Layton

Image search. I don't do flying... or boats. As soon as they complete that bridge across the Atlantic, I'll be visiting my ancestral homelands of Ireland, Northern Scotland, Spain, and Norway. ;)