DRM sticks its head out again

When I am home I use a regular cup. ;)

When on the road (driving) I use an insulated cup.

I just want to make a cup at a time. And as I say, it works great for tea as well.

So what coffee maker do you use when you are at home and driving and not running?

V.T. Eric Layton

what ever happened to the good ol' percolator?

I have one of those, too. It's my camping coffee pot. :)

It looks like this one...

il_340x270.370268882_sqke.jpg

V.T. Eric Layton

I've used the same old coffee mug (an old Texaco thermal mug) for nearly 15 years. I use it at home, on the road, everywhere. It's so old the Texaco emblem has completely worn off. ;)

$_35.JPG?set_id=8800005007

:hysterical:

Same One Mug coffee maker for all occasions LOL!

So you are violating the terms of use. The package clearly states that this utensil is for use when running.

I received my 4 cup drip coffee pot as a "tip" when I was doing some part time work at the (now defunct) local mom & pop PC repair shop. And since I'm the only only in the house who drinks coffee regularly, it's just the right size.

For my on-the-go caffeination, I use my Armor Plated CDS (Caffeine Delivery System), i.e., a 20 oz. Contigo Stainless Steel travel mug. It is spill-proof (very important for me, esp. at work) and keeps my brew piping hot for 3-4 hours, if I let it last that long. It's a bit on the expensive side (around $20ish), but worth it for me. :breakfast:

Cluttermagnet

A 4-cup or 10-cup drip maker is the way to go- although, on occasion, I make 'hand-poured' coffee using a stainless strainer with a handle and those little 4-cup cone filters. For a single cup, that's all that's needed.

I finally started grinding beans about a year or two ago. I make a blend with some 5-variety Central American expresso blend and some Sumatra beans, both from Trader Joe's. Grind them in one of those ultra-cheap grocery store grinders for about 12 bucks. Over layer it with a bit of Cafe Bustello, an amazingly cheap grocery store variety that adds interesting acidic overtones. Sometimes I substitute an Ethiopian coffee for the expresso blend.

Took me a while and some experimentation to hit on our current formula. I'm likely to create new ones from time to time.

Betty and I are both 'real' coffee drinkers. We drink it black. We can tell when we are getting carpy coffee in restaurants, which happens distressingly often...

• Like 1

Betty and I are both 'real' coffee drinkers. We drink it black. We can tell when we are getting carpy coffee in restaurants, which happens distressingly often...

I've been drinking my coffee black for so long that I can't stand the thought of adding anything to it. Well, except maybe for certain adult beverages.

I go to a local roaster and let them grind my coffee fresh. Nothing for me to clean up that way. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

I like my coffee hot, black, and bitter. I drink the cheapest dust (store brand generic) swept off of Juan Valdez's factory floors and can't tell the difference between it and the most expensive can of Folgers or Maxwell House. I don't do yuppy gourmet coffee at all. I'm not paying twice as much as a gallon of gasoline for 12 oz of some coffee-mocha-choca-laca-latte carp. ;)

• Like 1

I'm not paying twice as much as a gallon of gasoline for 12 oz of some coffee-mocha-choca-laca-latte carp. ;)

With sprinkles.

Adam

• Like 1

I like my coffee hot, black, and bitter. I drink the cheapest dust (store brand generic) swept off of Juan Valdez's factory floors and can't tell the difference between it and the most expensive can of Folgers or Maxwell House. I don't do yuppy gourmet coffee at all. I'm not paying twice as much as a gallon of gasoline for 12 oz of some coffee-mocha-choca-laca-latte carp. ;)

fish flavored coffee?!? :icon8:
  • Like 2

I don't drink coffee because it tastes like dirt. In fact 77% of studies found that dirt tastes better.

Were those the studies that tested the VTel® blends?

• Like 2

that, my friend, is because there is precious little difference.

for about the same price, you can get 8 o'clock columbian whole bean, grind your own, and enjoy a good cup of coffee.

Which brings up why I don't buy the fancier whole bean coffees within brands. I don't see a company can sell Hawaiin coffee for the same price per pound as Brazilian unless the Hawaiin beans being sold are of inferior Hawaiin crop.

V.T. Eric Layton

What? They have one of those darn coin things on the bathroom stalls there, too? The greedy slimeballs. ;)

mVy2nQa0vHSwnQbBlDQEhag.jpg

If I want a pay toilet, I'll subscribe to cable TV. :angry2: