openSUSE 13.1

Peachy

The latest version of openSUSE was released today https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:13.1?pk_campaign=counter

This is the first release of the distro's new 6-month release cycle with point versions .1, .2 and .3 in the next 18 months and the next full version 2 years from now.

If you are a Cloud freak then you'll be happy to know they've packaged in OpenStack Havana, the second major distro to do so (Ubuntu 13.10 was the first one). g++ 4.7 is now part of it too so if you are looking to program in C++11 they've got your back.

YaST has been re-written in Ruby.

So far no problems installing it in VMware Workstation 10 and vSphere 5.1.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a related article written by a buddy of mine: Half a dozen things to do after installing openSUSE 13.1

Where is the Link to: Half a dozen things to do after installing openSUSE 13.1. I just installed 13.1

Mel

This is the first release of the distro's new 6-month release cycle with point versions .1, .2 and .3 in the next 18 months and the next full version 2 years from now.

I haven't been able to find where this was announced -- could you provide a link?

I did find this:

The openSUSE Evergreen has just announced that the upcoming openSUSE 13.1 will be the next Evergreen release. This means that the Evergreen team will continue to provide openSUSE 13.1 with with security updates and important bugfixes after the usual 18 month maintenance cycle until it has had a total life time of at least three years.

https://news.opensus...kept-evergreen/

I've got openSUSE 12.3 installed here; it'll be supported until Sept 2014. I'm tempted to go to 13.1, but I might just stay put.

securitybreach

Where is the Link to: Half a dozen things to do after installing openSUSE 13.1. I just installed 13.1

Mel

Sorry I forgot to post the link :> :whistling:

Thanks Eric :thumbsup:

• Like 1