Paint Shop Pro 8 released !

Prelude76

Prelude76

I just tried the new Paint Shop Pro 8 Try & Buy, and it blew me away. MAJOR improvement over version 7. try the new one-step auto picture fix. wow! :) It might very well be the best photo imaging program yet. Complete redesign of toolbars and interface, and powerful new features like background eraser. try it, let me know if you feel the same.

GolfProRM

Personally, after messing around with 8, I like 7 better... I did some beta testing for 8, and after that, decided I'd stay with 7. A friend of mine (from another board) felt the same way about it... I wish I could find her messages about 8 because she summed it up very well... I'll keep digging to see if I can find it.I'm quite familiar with 7's interface and the change doesn't fit my style. I'm all for new programs and updates, but I was very comfortable with the ins and outs of 7, and when it comes to photo editing programs, it's hard to learn new programs.Nothing specifically bad about 8, I just liked 7 better :)

Prelude76

i didnt do too much playing around with it yet, but I never left PSP6 because i felt v7 was too bloated. It might be just me, but v8 feels a lot faster. I know the interface is so different it will take some re-learning, but its not that drastic difference, IMO. I just tried some photo auto-fix and resizing pictures 2x their size, and got better results than in any other program i tried. still, if you find her summary, post it. thanks.

Guest ThunderRiver

How is the memory usage? I was a beta tester for it, but the beta was bloated and slow on my Pentium 4 2 Ghz machine

Prelude76

it seems quicker than PSP7. When loaded, with no pictures being edited, it showed 5.5mb in task manager. with one 640x480 jpeg loaded, it jumped to 16mb usage. don't know what u were getting in beta.it feels bloated, based on its 55mb download, but runs quick on all operations i tried, and certainly boots faster than Ulead or Adobe.