Network blog for FOSS lovers

Go2linux

Hi,

I have always thought about creating a network/community where fellow Linux lovers may write their opinions to the world.

I have started yesterday

http://www.fosscorner.org

in an attempt to do that.

I would like it to be a place where we all together may have a place to post about FOSS, but also about any other thing (I know we are almost always thinking about FOSS :) ).

So, if there is anyone interested, I would like to know.

If you think this is just another stupid idea of mine, please also let me know and why, that way I may use my time in better things :).

Thanks a lot.

Guillermo.

• Like 2

abarbarian

but also about any other thing (I know we are almost always thinking about FOSS :) ).

Guillermo.

What other things are there to talk about ? Well apart from the latest anamie that is. :breakfast:

P.S. Good idea and the best of luck with it. :breakfast:

Hi guys.

Thanks for your words, do any of you would like to be the first in getting a free blog and start testing?

Hmmm I'm tempted to have a go. Is it hard to set up ? I have no clue as to the procedure. Could I use this excellent and dead easy to use tool ? I gather you have to fiddle about with plain text when you publish.

:breakfast:

Actually I will setup everything for you, to post there you can use plaintext as it has installed Markdown plugin, which is really easy to use to give format. Actually easier than BBCode.

You can even use the app on your Android, iPhone or Blackberry.

Let me know.

regards,

Guillermo.

securitybreach

Excellent Guillermo!!! :thumbsup:

Gonna subscribe now. I always enjoy your blogs!!!

Hmm no rss feed yet?

abarbarian

Actually I will setup everything for you, to post there you can use plaintext as it has installed Markdown plugin, which is really easy to use to give format. Actually easier than BBCode.

You can even use the app on your Android, iPhone or Blackberry.

Let me know.

regards,

Guillermo.

Ah ha I forgot to include the link above.

Yes it was Markdown I was referring to. I think it is brilliant that a 2004 program still installs and runs as is today. :clap:

I'm still thinking about it. I'll let you know ASAP.

:breakfast:

Hmm no rss feed yet?

I just realized I do not know how to create a master feed... :(

I really like how flexible jekyll is for blogging.

As soon as I have one will pass it to you.

In the mean time:

http://www.fosscorner.org/linux/feed

Just for one blog (mine) :) ...

thanks for your words, and if you want one place for your tutorials, just let me know, it would be an honor to have you onboard.

If you later want to move your content elsewhere I can create 301 for

http://www.fosscorner.org/your-path/* -> your.new-blog.com/any-path/

regards,

guillermo.

securitybreach

Cool, thanks Guillermo :thumbup:

Just for one blog (mine) :) ...

thanks for your words, and if you want one place for your tutorials, just let me know, it would be an honor to have you onboard.

If you later want to move your content elsewhere I can create 301 for

http://www.fosscorner.org/your-path/* -> your.new-blog.com/any-path/

regards,

guillermo.

Thanks for the offer but I am not much of a writer. I have not written anything on my own blog since last July.

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm sure tired of seeing that same ol' Nexus article, too. How 'bout writing something there... just so the page is different. Write an article about your new kitty. :yes:

• Like 1

Guillermo,

Wishing you all the best with FOSS Blog, look forward to seeing it grow into something awesome and useful to the community. :thumbsup:

All the best,

Ian

Edit: Just thought about something, I know of this guy V.T. Eric something or another, THAT guy can write a blog I tell ya. Let me see if I can track him down. He might just be interested in such an endeveour. :hysterical:

Edited by ichase
  • Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

That guy you're talking about has a sore back and can only sit at his desk about 30 mins a day. Plus, I think he's supposed to be studying for some silly tests of some kind. He doesn't even write on his own blogs these days. ;)

• Like 1

Well Eric, if you happen to run across the guy, tell him we miss his blogs. ;) And good luck on his test and sorry about the back. :( :(|)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this idea went to nowhere...

I think everybody already has a blog, or do not want a blog at all :)

I should have think about that before.

Anyway, as I am still thinking about how to contribute, and considering that there is this forum of friends, and that all of you who want a blog, already have one.

I was thinking about a Wiki.

Do you think this small community would be able to manage a wiki?

I am not thinking about an open one, one where only few of us can create new pages, and the rest and update/improve those pages (dealing with spam could be hard).

I am open to ideas.

Or maybe I just have to stay quiet, and go back to read my rss feeds :) .

have a nice day.

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, I don't think it was a bad idea, Guillermo. Personally, I would have liked to write a guest article every now and then. However, currently in my life, I have some other very pressing priorities. I haven't even been writing on my own blogs or boards much. :(

• Like 1