Show us your Windows Desktop

abarbarian

V.T. Eric Layton

Wow! I haven't shot a Win screenie in a while. Here's mine...

slackshot55.th.png

Oh, wait... just joking. Here it is...

fauxmsshot01.th.png

V.T. Eric Layton

I had to post the link like that because the board didn't like ImageShack's thumbnail code for that one for some reason. :(

Yeah... Win/KDE. Uh-huh. ;)

• 1 month later...

I have been upgraded from XP to Win 7 64 Bit Enterprise N at work. Here is my desktop:

98c1bb258945647.jpg

I don't like to be far from home. ;)

abarbarian

I have been upgraded from XP to Win 7 64 Bit Enterprise N at work. Here is my desktop:

98c1bb258945647.jpg

I don't like to be far from home. ;)

Cool. Neat bit of anarchism. :alien:

XP workhorse computer (I hid the icons briefly)

perkScot_links_desktop.jpg

The photo of the Northern Lights on the left was sent to me by frapper. There is a thunderstorm on the right.

Edited by zlim
  • Like 1

abarbarian, nope not a decorator. I had Webshots paid for several years and I have more wallpaper than I can possibly use in my life time. I have an old program that takes a webshot file and will convert it to a jpg. So I can convert all those paid pictures I downloaded and use them on my XP computers, if I want.

I'm usually a sucker for any tropical beach scene.

V.T. Eric Layton

eric, what's the name of that hactivist group? you'd fit right in! :D

Pseudonymous. ;)

Win 7 Pro in Virtual Box running in Arch Linux. I have this set up more optimally for work than my corporate laptop is :) It's awesome because I no longer require to have 2 laptops out (work and play) I can work within my play environment. :)

MS Office 2013 installed (which was quite a bit different then Office 2007 that I was used to using)

bc67e5259830848.jpg

Edited by ichase

Yeah, 2013 is quite a bit different.

Could not resiste the $9.99 for the HUP MS Office offer to those with a .mil account ;)

Could not resiste the $9.99 for the HUP MS Office offer to those with a .mil account ;)

'Tis nice indeed. :-)

Adam

Neat ichase. B)

FULL SIZE CLEAN

KTkh5QQl.jpg

This is a slightly out of focus handheld fully zoomed shot taken with me K-30 and a 30 year old manual Vivitar zoom I bought for £11.99 inc postage.

I took three shots with the kit zoom 28-55mm to show its reach from the spot I took the original shot from.

No zoom alvlCYGl.jpg

Mid zoom d6E9skNl.jpg

Full zoom NY2jHdJl.jpg

Full zoom on the Vivitarlyr1yz7l.jpg

The wallpaper was a crop from the full zoom Vivitar. If you look at the centre of the picture you can see two little hillocks, one with a white stone atop and slightly right of that one with buttercups atop. The crop came from around there.

I am amazed that the crop gave such a nice picture as it was taken from quite a distance and I do not think I had the camera properly set up. Looking dead centre and slightly right and up a touch you see a dark spot, that to me suggests a entrance to a woodland path whereas in real life you are seeing branches and foliage high up in a tree. The suggestion of a dark entrance with the flowers in the foreground coupled with the blurriness gives the wallpaper a darkly dreamy atmosphere in my mind.

Maybe I'm smoking too much though.

Enjoy. :breakfast:

Edited by abarbarian

My XP in Virtual Box, I work in both XP and Win 7 environments as well as Server 2003 and 2008. This makes me love VBox that much more. :thumbsup: I scroll to a new workspace in Linux and I am in my VM's. Best of both worlds. :) Work and play with out a reboot :)

67d24a261112992.jpg

• 4 months later...

perkScot_links_netbook2.jpg

I love coffee and I love chocolate so this seemed perfect for me. I actually don't drink any of the fancy coffee concoctions, just straight up black coffee.

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

Almost reminds me of a black and white movie with the Three Stooges where they were doing plumbing and water was coming out of stove, sinks and the TV coincidentally when they were showing Niagra Falls. :hysterical:

That is a gorgeous picture btw!

AlmonteJuly13_zpsf115ea04.jpg

The upper falls aren't really very high. After the water goes over a weir by the old flour mill, it rushes under an abandoned railway bridge.

DSCF1405.jpg

Later on there are the more substantial lower falls where most of the water goes through a power station. There's still enough left for show biz, though, especially during the spring run-off.

• Like 1