Show us your Windows Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

Wow! I haven't shot a Win screenie in a while. Here's mine...

slackshot55.th.png

Oh, wait... just joking. Here it is...

fauxmsshot01.th.png

abarbarian

Ha ha that screen is a hoot. Your link I think shows the Windows KDEClone theme, am I right ? :whistling:

V.T. Eric Layton

I had to post the link like that because the board didn't like ImageShack's thumbnail code for that one for some reason. :(

Yeah... Win/KDE. Uh-huh. ;)

Temmu

this is hilarious!

2 users post windows screenshots

2 users post linux screenshots

i'm going to post my cell screen in the linux area... :lol:

wait! wait! my bad - windows could mean linux windowing system too, i suppose? :lol:

• 1 month later...
ichase

I have been upgraded from XP to Win 7 64 Bit Enterprise N at work. Here is my desktop:

98c1bb258945647.jpg

I don't like to be far from home. ;)

abarbarian

I have been upgraded from XP to Win 7 64 Bit Enterprise N at work. Here is my desktop:

98c1bb258945647.jpg

I don't like to be far from home. ;)

Cool. Neat bit of anarchism. :alien:

Temmu

Cool Temmu. What and why all the foxes ? :breakfast:

several shortcuts to sites, like weather, oxford dictionary, stuff....

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http://oxforddictionaries.com

zlim

XP workhorse computer (I hid the icons briefly)

perkScot_links_desktop.jpg

The photo of the Northern Lights on the left was sent to me by frapper. There is a thunderstorm on the right.

Edited by zlim
  • Like 1
abarbarian

Love the wallpaper zlim. If you are a decorator then Rocket Dock is not only pretty but very useful too. Works a treat in XP. :shifty:

http://rocketdock.com/

Edited by abarbarian
zlim

abarbarian, nope not a decorator. I had Webshots paid for several years and I have more wallpaper than I can possibly use in my life time. I have an old program that takes a webshot file and will convert it to a jpg. So I can convert all those paid pictures I downloaded and use them on my XP computers, if I want.

I'm usually a sucker for any tropical beach scene.

Temmu

zlim, love the pix! totally awesome! :thumbsup:

eric, what's the name of that hactivist group? you'd fit right in! :D

V.T. Eric Layton

eric, what's the name of that hactivist group? you'd fit right in! :D

Pseudonymous. ;)

Temmu

this is hilarious!

2 users post windows screenshots

2 users post linux screenshots

i'm going to post my cell screen in the linux area... :lol:

wait! wait! my bad - windows could mean linux windowing system too, i suppose? :lol:

Win 7 Pro in Virtual Box running in Arch Linux. I have this set up more optimally for work than my corporate laptop is :) It's awesome because I no longer require to have 2 laptops out (work and play) I can work within my play environment. :)

MS Office 2013 installed (which was quite a bit different then Office 2007 that I was used to using)

bc67e5259830848.jpg

Edited by ichase

Yeah, 2013 is quite a bit different.

Could not resiste the $9.99 for the HUP MS Office offer to those with a .mil account ;)

ross549

Could not resiste the $9.99 for the HUP MS Office offer to those with a .mil account ;)

'Tis nice indeed. :-)

Adam

abarbarian

Neat ichase. B)

FULL SIZE CLEAN

KTkh5QQl.jpg

This is a slightly out of focus handheld fully zoomed shot taken with me K-30 and a 30 year old manual Vivitar zoom I bought for £11.99 inc postage.

I took three shots with the kit zoom 28-55mm to show its reach from the spot I took the original shot from.

No zoom alvlCYGl.jpg

Mid zoom d6E9skNl.jpg

Full zoom NY2jHdJl.jpg

Full zoom on the Vivitarlyr1yz7l.jpg

The wallpaper was a crop from the full zoom Vivitar. If you look at the centre of the picture you can see two little hillocks, one with a white stone atop and slightly right of that one with buttercups atop. The crop came from around there.

I am amazed that the crop gave such a nice picture as it was taken from quite a distance and I do not think I had the camera properly set up. Looking dead centre and slightly right and up a touch you see a dark spot, that to me suggests a entrance to a woodland path whereas in real life you are seeing branches and foliage high up in a tree. The suggestion of a dark entrance with the flowers in the foreground coupled with the blurriness gives the wallpaper a darkly dreamy atmosphere in my mind.

Maybe I'm smoking too much though.

Enjoy. :breakfast:

Edited by abarbarian

My XP in Virtual Box, I work in both XP and Win 7 environments as well as Server 2003 and 2008. This makes me love VBox that much more. :thumbsup: I scroll to a new workspace in Linux and I am in my VM's. Best of both worlds. :) Work and play with out a reboot :)

67d24a261112992.jpg