Evernote Hacked!

V.T. Eric Layton

securitybreach

Eh I rarely use it but it is nice to write a note on a mobile device and have it sync to your computer or the website. I personally used a Linux client called NixNote that worked well but it has been a long time since I have used it.

V.T. Eric Layton

Notes? We don't need no stinkin' notes. We remember everything... minds like steel traps. ;)

• Like 1

minds like steel traps
I used to be able to say that. Now I say my mind is like a steel sieve! :teehee:

I put notes everywhere but not on my computer or in the cloud. I need to see the note on a piece of paper on my kitchen table or clipped to the visor in the car.

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

I used to be able to say that. Now I say my mind is like a steel sieve! :teehee:

Ah... I can so relate. :(

Guest LilBambi

I never got an email, and when I try to change my password, it just keeps trying to get me to re-enter the password twice over and over and over, like I'd never done it before...over and over, and over....

I uninstalled it on everything.

I think Evernote handled this well. They wiped out every password even though the password files were salted hashes. Still, if you used the same password at Evernote anywhere else, you should change it everywhere. Even if the hacker(s) may not get it for a while (if ever).

Evernote is accelerating plans to roll out two-factor authentication. I love 2FA

• Like 1

securitybreach
I love 2FA

Indeed, 2 Factor Authentication is great!! I have been using it on my gmail account since they first offered it. :thumbsup: