New Chromebook out tomorrow (11/13/2013)

Jeber

The new Acer C7 Chromebook delivers a hassle-free computing experience with speed, built-in security and the simplicity of automatic updates. It features a full-size keyboard, fully clickable trackpad, an extra bright 11.6-inch display and over 3.5 hours of battery life. Powered by an Intel Core processor, the Acer Chromebook is fast—boots up in 18 seconds, resumes instantly and high-definition videos play smoothly (yes, videos like
, in case you’re one of the few left who hasn’t seen it). You can easily store your stuff on the Chromebook or in the cloud, with a 320GB hard drive and 100GB of free storage on Google Drive.*

As you’d expect from a Chromebook, it’s easy to share with others around the home. Moms, dads, siblings or even your roommate can all have separate accounts and simply log in to get things done. And because Chromebooks bring you the best of Google, if you use products like Gmail, Drive, Maps, YouTube and Google+, your stuff is always available and everything just works.

Starting tomorrow, the Acer Chromebook will be available for $199 in the U.S. on Google Play, BestBuy.com and rolling out this week in select Best Buy stores. In the U.K., it’s available on Google Play, Amazon UK, PC World and Currys. We’re working hard to bring it to more countries soon.

http://chrome.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-new-acer-chromebook.html

I'm intrigued. Acer is a company I've had good experiences with and Google, well, it's Google.

And a $199 price point for a brand new laptop is going to be hard for everyone else to compete with.

So what'cha think? Would you buy one, or save your money for that Nexus 10?

Guest LilBambi

http://chrome.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-new-acer-chromebook.html

I'm intrigued. Acer is a company I've had good experiences with and Google, well, it's Google.

And a $199 price point for a brand new laptop is going to be hard for everyone else to compete with.

So what'cha think? Would you buy one, or save your money for that Nexus 10?

it is nice, but I was hoping to get a Nexus 7 at some point.

securitybreach

Honestly I think I would buy one of these before getting the Nexus 10 as I already have a nice 9.7 inch tablet (HP Touchpad). That said, I will be buying the Nexus 4 smartphone to go along with my Nexus 7.

I think that the 7" form factor is a lot better than a 10" device as I have owned 3 10" android tablets and they all felt too big to carry around with me.

securitybreach

Someone gave me a Dell Core 2 Duo laptop that was "broken." I merely had to replace the power switch and all was good. :)

Adam

I gave Eric a nice (mint) Dell laptop that had a messed up bios. Of course, he fixed it and has a wonderful laptop out of the process.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw one of the new Samsung $249 Chromebooks in Syracuse earlier this week. Nice looking unit but when I tried it out in the store it seemed rather limited compared to my $0 Dell netbook that runs Xubuntu. I suppose if you just want to browse the Web it's a good deal. Nice keyboard.

Honestly I think I would buy one of these before getting the Nexus 10 as I already have a nice 9.7 inch tablet (HP Touchpad). That said, I will be buying the Nexus 4 smartphone to go along with my Nexus 7.

I think that the 7" form factor is a lot better than a 10" device as I have owned 3 10" android tablets and they all felt too big to carry around with me.

I think we've had this discussion before. :shifty: My 10" HP Touchpad goes with me everywhere while my 7" tablet sits gathering dust. To each his own. :shifty: