IE6 goes away

Mrlingo

When I open IE6 the start page appears & then goes away! Netscape does the same thing. I tried Opera & Mozilla and don't like them for various reasons. I can go to my start page (local - on hard drive) from Outlook 2002 and things sort of work. I can go anywhere I want but can't follow links. From Windows Explorer I can go to a web site and then to the start page but I also can't follow links. When I click on a link the system would open a new window of IE6 which would then disappear as above. The really wierd thing is that MSN Explorer works. I can follow links from web pages or from email with no problem. I simply like IE6 (I know - go ahead & hit me!) better, for two reasons: 1) I can (and have) configure(ed) it the way I want is and 2) I don't like things that don't work.I can't say exactly when this started to happen, whether it was after an IE6 patch another program I installed or what! I have tried uninstalling (ha ha) and reinstalling and get the message that all the proper pieces are already in place. I have gone ahead and told it to reinstall everything, but alas, no joy!I really don't want to reinstall Win2kPro all over again and would appreciate any help that anyone can provide.Thanks,Chuck Lingo