the B of scifi ABC has passed on

Guest LilBambi

Jane and Vera are great! However, I loved every single actor. actress, and character on Serenity. It would be really hard to pick a favorite.

Not sure of that reference, Roger. Search was no help either. :(

I'm not so sure now either. It was the voice of an elevator with a loose grasp on AI speech. May have been Quark. I thought it was Hitchhiker's Guide, but the elevator in that used to complain about having a brain the size of a planet and only running the elevator.

• 1 month later...

One of the great H's of SF has just passed on, RIP Harry Harrison. You may remember Soylent Green which was based on his book Make Room! Make Room! He also wrote for the Flash Gordon comics, and Stainless Steel Rat and Deathworld series. There's a nice homage at Neil Gaiman's blog.

And speaking of Neil Gaiman, I recently had the immense pleasure of watching one of the most uplifting speeches ever - Neil Gaiman Addresses the University of the Arts Class of 2012

V.T. Eric Layton

I read Harrison's Make Room! Make Room! just a few weeks ago. Back in my youth, I was a Stainless Steel Rat fan, too. :yes:

R.I.P. Mr. Harrison. :(