Xarchiver Deprecated In Arch Linux

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I received a notice when updating via yaourt today that one of my favorite and often used apps, xarchiver, has been removed from Extra and is now only being updated via AUR. With this in mind, and not wanting to continue to receive the orphan notices when updating, I reinstalled via yaourt. All's well now. :)

A note, Foresight (xfce) also removed xarchiver as default. We rebuilt file-roller not to depend on any gnome stuff and uses file-roller in xfce as default. But we keep Xarchiver around too.

Started to wonder how come you want to keep xarchiver?

V.T. Eric Layton

Old people get used to using the same things all the time. We don't like change. I still have a floppy drive on most of my systems. ;)

amenditman

I try to keep old things that still work around way past when they should be replaced.

I also have at least one system around with a floppy at any given time. Have three or four "good" drives sitting in inventory just in case I have a need for them. I might get rid of them in a few years when I'm sure they are no longer of any use to anyone. Maybe!

V.T. Eric Layton

I try to keep old things that still work around way past when they should be replaced.

WOW! That's exactly my philosophy when it comes to girlfriends/relationships. ;)

securitybreach

WOW! That's exactly my philosophy when it comes to girlfriends/relationships. ;)

:hysterical: :hysterical: