Need Domain Name and Hosting Site Info

teacher

My guess is my budget will be whatever I am willing to part with. The pastor thought at first that it was going to cost about $700 to get a site up and running since he had talked to the local YMCA about what it cost them. That was before he realized I was around. I could bill the church for whatever it costs me but I know reality says I will just smile and tell them it has been taken care of. :'( It's all part of giving back to your community. I'm already their unofficial IT person. :P --Julia :o

A web host I use is Dayana. They have some very inexpensive plans. I use their cheapest for my personal page. It was $6/year for 10MB (plus domain registration). It's not the fastest, and I've noticed occasional minor downtimes, but the price can't be beat. For my simple purposes, I've been happy with it.andy

For registering my domain I used www.domainsnext.com. I found them reasonably priced.
They are a reseller from itsyourdomain.com and are one of the registrars that want a notorized document, copy of picture ID or last 4 digits of your CC, and a $15.00 processing fee per domain that you wish to transfer.Check their terms of service.

I, like Jeber, use Doteasy... Price chart for a .com, .net, .org domain nameOrder Term Registration Fee1 Year US$25.002 Years US$45.005 Years US$90.00This gives you all this stuff: $0 /month (No Setup Fee) No Banners or Pop-up Ads www.yourdomain.com Hosting 20 MB Web Storage 1000 MB Monthly Transfer Domain Forwarding 10 POP/Web Email Accounts Webmail Access Email Forwarding, Autoresponder Plug-in Tools: Hitcounter, Email-Form... Free Tech Support 24/7 Network MonitoringI've found it to be more than adequate for what I want to do with it... They allow you to remote link things and do ftp for your file uploads... Besides, it's nice to pay the cost once and be done with it... Monthly fees are annoying :thumbsup:

I have looked at that one. Right now I am just digesting all the info and trying to decide the best route to go. If they want to add weekly sermons or anything like that band width will be eaten up quickly. I am trying to nail down intentions before going much further so I don't spin my wheels going in the wrong direction. :thumbsup: Julia

For registering my domain I used www.domainsnext.com. I found them reasonably priced.
They are a reseller from itsyourdomain.com and are one of the registrars that want a notorized document, copy of picture ID or last 4 digits of your CC, and a $15.00 processing fee per domain that you wish to transfer.Check their terms of service.
I can't say that was my experience. I wasn't transferring a domain, I was registering a new one. The fee on the web site, $11.95/year, was the fee I was charged. There was no documentation required other than my good looks (well I try to sell those everywhere, I don't think they really wanted them).I had a question and called them. I left a voice mail and someone got back to me in two hours. Perhaps they've been acquired since I registered?

I can't say that was my experience. I wasn't transferring a domain, I was registering a new one. The fee on the web site, $11.95/year, was the fee I was charged. There was no documentation required other than my good looks (well I try to sell those everywhere, I don't think they really wanted them).I had a question and called them. I left a voice mail and someone got back to me in two hours. Perhaps they've been acquired since I registered?
You may want to check this thread out.http://hosthideout.com/showthread.php?thre...ght=domainsnext

• 1 month later...

This thread has become very handy. I find myself referring back on a regular basis. Somehow I am now responsible for building three websites - the church and two businesses. Sometimes when you don't want t he work it lands in your lap. :PJulia :unsure: