You are Welcome!

GolfProRM

If you're running Windows XP, how do you log in?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just had an idea for a new, lighthearted poll... will be interesting to see if people take advantage of the Welcome Screen.

I have a single user (excluding the Administrator account) and set it to log in automatically. The other computer uses the old Windows 2000 Domain login screen.

I use the Welcome screen as is, but like Peachy, I've set it to login automatically (on this computer, using Tweak UI although there are other ways). On other computers, I've set it up in various ways just so I have as many different experiences as possible. On some computers I have to enter a password. Bottom line: My default way to login is the XP Welcome screen, which I actually like somewhat. Surprisingly.-- Scot

Every machine in my house you have to put in name and password but 1. I have too many friends/family/kids coming and going in my house.....I learned the hard way to restrict access to my PC's.

Guest Paracelsus

Don't usually spent much time at the Welcome Screen, so hadn't given much thought to what it looks like. Think I'll check out StyleXP, though.Thanks for link, Ryan.

I'll post a link to it here... (warning: it's 100K)
100K?? Are you warning people that the download will be over before it starts?? :D :) :)

For those of you who haven't used/don't know about StyleXP, you can go to StyleXP webpage.I've also found a good site to download themes/Welcome screens ThemeXP.

100K?? Are you warning people that the download will be over before it starts?? :D :) :)
I hear ya... but not everyone has broadband... it's a simple 1 second download for me, but could be a 2-3 minute download for others... :)

Guest Paracelsus
For those of you who haven't used/don't know about StyleXP, you can go to StyleXP webpage.I've also found a good site to download themes/Welcome screens  ThemeXP.
Oops!Ah! Your first link was a graphic of your screen.See the link to StypeXP now.If you keep responding this fast...Soon you'll be replying before others post!! :D :) :)
100K?? Are you warning people that the download will be over before it starts?? :) :) :)
I hear ya... but not everyone has broadband... it's a simple 1 second download for me, but could be a 2-3 minute download for others... :)
Broadband?? What's that??? :) I'm on 56K, dial-up. I don't count transition speed in Eye-Blinks, though. Just a patient old dog, I guess. :)

Desktop - classic W2K login for me and my room mate, who uses it for schoolwork frequently.Laptop - Bios password (must enter pw before booting even begins), Ctrl-alt-dlt to use different password at sign in for Windows. Extra security since my laptop travels with me so often.

Guest ThunderRiver

Blue Welcome screen is good enough for me... I actually made one login screen for myself before, but then again, I care more about theme than welcome screen :)