Firebird memory usage

FuzzButt

Hello,I'm using Nilson's optimized Firebird release 0.7 for Intel P4Is it just me but with 5 to 7 tab's open the menory laod for Mozilla Firebird is 158MB. This seems a bit high.Chris

That is awful.... Are there many images on the pages or what? My current FB is using 32 MB, with five tabs.I suggest that you completely delete that build and get a brand new offcial one:Installer (I reccommend this): ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...rebirdSetup.exeZip archive: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/fir...ebird-win32.zipI've done a very recent GCC build but I prfer the official nightlies as they are more stable atm.

Ya there are a lot of images. Most of the sites I use FB on are meaagae boards or forums. I's hard to keep track of 6 different boards unless I have them all up.2 of the boards use rotating gif animated ads that adds to the memory useage.I dl'd the setup and will try it thanks.

Guest ThunderRiver

The only way you can mitigate the problem is to minimize the whole Firebird window and open it up again.. it shall release some more memory. Or better yet use Nightly build, but I doubt it is going to do anything better.I am using Nightly build by the way.