Poor Extension Management?

Guest ThunderRiver

Guest ThunderRiver

Where is the uninstallation routine for the MozillaFirebird Extension feature? It is abit ridiculous to remove extension like "CompactMenu" because you have to manually witch hunt for files under profiles, and it ended up with a crashy Firebird.. In resolution, I ended up removing my profile once for all, and started all over again. I am not too happy with Extension feature on this one. It is poorly designed.

I agree on this one. I think that it is a work in progress, however. Ad Block in prior versions had a removal process that was the witch hunt you mentioned. The newest version says that you can remove it from the options menu. I imagine things will improve. This must be on the wish list of improvements, no? It would be better if the browser handled extension disabling/removal and not the individual extensions.

Yes... this is something that IIRC is supposed to be handled before they reach version 1.0... Some extensions are written better than others and do include an uninstall function, but not all do. It looks like this is something that is targeted to be implemented by the 0.10 release :w00t: