Avant Browser has everything I need

merja

I think Avant Browser is better than Firebird, because you can:1. Auto Refresh current page or all open pages :w00t: 2. Move tabs (before or after any tab)3. Use RoboForm4. Close all except the current window with one click5. Block flash animations with just one easy click5. Full screen view means really full screen6. All skins workPlus icons in file explorer and your desktop don't mutate to bonfires. >_< All this and more without any extension downloading.I know some people don't like any IE based browsers, but I have never had any problems although I have surfed a lot and never been very cautios.

actually, i tried Avant Browser after Bruce mentioned it and i wasnt too impressed. i prefer simplified sleek interface, and install extensions IF NEED BE. Avant seemed way too crowded, too many buttons, too many options, etc... i like plain simple fast browsing, which is what Firebird is gunning for. and RoboForm is a 3rd party program that runs all the time in your systray. i'm sick of all those 'run-in-background' add-ons. but the best reason is when i switch to Linux during boot-up, i still have access to the same browser with same bookmarks as i have in Windows. oh, and when firbird does crash on occasion (hey, its still under development), it doesnt bring down your entire desktop like IE does. Touchee! :pirate:there, you said what you like in Avant, i said what i like in Firebird. any Opera fans out there? i heard version 7 which is being beta tested is quite slick.

By customizing you get Avant Browser as sleek as you ever want to.I prefer that you get all the options in the same package instead of installing and messing with them.If you have (like most of us nowadays do) tens of gigabytes storage capasity and very fast and able CPU, I see no reason to economize everything.I have never had a crash which brings the entire desktop down - not since I upgraded from Win98 to Win2000 and WinXP.But hey, we all have our different tastes and preferences which is good! >_<

Hi, Lude ~

Avant seemed way too crowded, too many buttons, too many options, etc.
Avant is fully customizable and I, like you, prefer a clean, uncrowded UI and my set up has almost no buttons.Now if I could just breed Avant with Firebird, then I would be really happy! >_<

Hmmm, I wonder if this gonna be a gun-fight or a knife-fight.I think merja does not have enough troops to back him up.But there are some friends of mine who wish not to jump on the Mozilla bandwagon as they feel that it is too steep of a learning curve (which they don't have time for).I almost sympathize with them as I really donot want to go explore AvantBrowser for the same reasons; even though merja makes somewhat of a compelling case for Avant! Although, the most compelling reason of them all was not cited: IE6 compatibility! See, http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/forums/inde...=ST&f=26&t=2979 for an example!So instead of continually harping on my friends for using IE6 (eeeeeeeeeyew), now I will attempt to make them my guinea pigs and tell them to go try out AvantBrowser!Fair Enough? ;)

I just got tired of the almost daily IE security updates. One in particular whacked my system, enough already. After a reformat I went the Mozilla route, then Firebird. Their pop up stopper is also the best I've ever used. I also like the sleek trim look of Firebird. When I peruse MS stuff I use IE. I too prefer a more bare bones browser, irregardless of my rig's horsepower. Bloat on top of bloat I can do without.

By customizing you get Avant Browser as sleek as you ever want to.I prefer that you get all the options in the same package instead of installing and messing with them.If you have (like most of us nowadays do) tens of gigabytes storage capasity and very fast and able CPU, I see no reason to economize everything.I have never had a crash which brings the entire desktop down - not since I upgraded from Win98 to Win2000 and WinXP.But hey, we all have our different tastes and preferences which is good!  :pirate:
I am happy for you! :)