IE6 won't browse till win explr has access

morg

My desktop PC is running win98 se, and I recently changed from zone alarm to sygate(free versions). The pc is setup for 2 users, its networked via a linksys router to my laptop(XP) and I am on a cable internet connection.One user has no problems with the internet, ie6 is allowed through sygate all works ok. The other user, although ie6 opens it will not browse until I let windows explorer have access to the net via sygate. I have tried removing all the applications from sygate, rebooted, opened up ie, clicked on google or any other site and sygate doesn't ask to let ie6 have access, instead it wants windows explorer to have access, if I deny access then no sites will appear. If anyone can help me get back ie, without allowing windows explorer access I would be grateful. I found this out today, because when I logged off my husbands desktop, and I logged on mine, I opened up windows explorer,(first time in ages) then my virus checker popped up saying that I had a trojan, it had found bootconf.exe a Win32.Startpage G Trojan. I cleaned the trojan and thought I'd better checkout a few things. My home page didn't seemed to have been hijacked, I use browser hijack blaster and spyware guard.My home page is a personal web-page that I made and is on one of my hard-drives, I tried using a blank page, but the problem browsing is still there. I have used adaware and spybot to clean any spyware, and I have repaired IE6.Never had to allow Windows Explorer access before and I can't figure out how I got this this trojan. I thought I was pretty secure.I did a google search but could find out how to put it right, Help!! as I don't want Windows explorer to have access to the web.Another question, when I used Zone alarm I could set the internet to secure but let my network be less secure by giving it my ip address and subnets so I could share files and folders over my network, how do I do this in Sygate?Any help would be gratefully accepted, as I'm stumped.Thanks,