MSI Wind U100

kamicota

Hi allJust bought a MSI Wind U100 10" Netbook and it will NOT set up a wireless connection - the card is 802.11b/g Mini Wireless adaptor and every time I try ot connect to the wireless even though I am in the room with the modem it tells me --->>>No wireless networks in this rangeDid have it connected to the same modem through Lan (DSL) BUT NOW it will not connect here either - this card is a --->>> Realtek RTL8102E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NICThe OS is Windows XP Home And as there is NO CD/DVD the Driver CD is of no use until it is on USB drive to access.Anyone any thoughts on this please!!!This is going to replace my IBM Lappy Z60M Cheers for yearsColin ;)

Edited by kamicota

I don't do wifi Colin, but two suggestions:1. take the driver CD to someone with a CD/DVD drive (or use one of your other computers...!!!), put in the driver CD and copy its contents to a USB memory stick big enough to hold those files.2. imo the better option: get your self a nice external USB DVD drive. They cost only a few bucks nowadays. This way your set for future problems like this.Congrats with the MSI Colin, very nice!

Hey there StrikerAfter Splurging $350.00 on this and another (QT to the better half for now B) ) another $65.00 for a 6Cell Battery + a Proper Carry case do NOT know if I can swing another "FEW European $$$'s" as they are not that cheap hereBut have though about copying the CD to my External USB hard drive that has already been used to install "FREE" :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Zonealarm and AVG But the Wireles gives me palpitaiuons right now ;) :thumbsup: Just got the DSL (LAN) up and running again had to go through the whole rigamarole again - although :"> :"> :"> do not remember the specificsAnd also want to download a Linux USB distro too and see if that works also butr shoot we have prbably to go into the BIOS for that :unsure: But enjoying the new travels Cheers for YearsColin :thumbsup:

BTW: is there a switch on the MSI to enable and disable the Wifi, like on most laptops? If so, maybe that's your problem?

OOPS!!! ;) B) :"> :"> Just found this--->>>Hi Mate, hit Fn then F11 keySo after we take a break we will power it up again and see if that works :thumbsup: Cheers for yearsColin :">

And HECK B) :"> :"> I read the Manual on the CD StrikerBut did NOT find that at allBut will let REPORT backCheers for yearsColin ;)

:"> Well the Fn F11 DID activate BUT still can NOT get the wireless to workA couple of times had to stop Windows Firewall YET I am still being shown the problem may lie with the network NOT the NetbookSo for now am Stymied again ;) Well at least the Lan HOOKED when I plugged the cable in :thumbsup: :"> :"> Cheers for YearsColin B)

Edited by kamicota

Head to the msiwind forum http://forums.msiwind.net/the owners of an msiwind is the best resource for finding out any tricks to get your wireless working.Since I own an eeepc, I spend a good deal of time at a forum set up for eeepc owners. I've gotten lots of good advice.

Yep it SURE is StrikerThanks Liz --->>>am ON and bookmarked that forum But for some unknown reason the Wifi FINALLY HOOKED up to kamicote1 don't know how as I tried several different ways to activate it :"> :"> :"> So now Both Wifi and DSL work but we will see what happens on the next boot upCheers for yearsColin :thumbsup: