The Bat mail client and Redirect option

zillah

I am using the Bat mail client and when I try to go to my sent folder and right click on an email which was send previously to resend it to another client, I use option : "Redirect Ctrl+E".But the previous email comes an attachment : "message.html", what should I configure to prevent the previous email to come as attachment "message.html" ?Right now what I am doing , I delete this attachment whenever I use "Redirect Ctrl +E"option and this is annoying.Thanks

I am using the Bat mail client and when I try to go to my sent folder and right click on an email which was send previously to resend it to another client, I use option : "Redirect Ctrl+E".But the previous email comes an attachment : "message.html", what should I configure to prevent the previous email to come as attachment "message.html" ?Right now what I am doing , I delete this attachment whenever I use "Redirect Ctrl +E"option and this is annoying.Thanks
I don't use The Bat! anymore, however the problem you're describing sounds as if you have enabled the 'forward as attachment' setting instead of 'inline' . That would solve the issue. IIRC it is a setting in every account you made within The Bat! .

describing sounds as if you have enabled the 'forward as attachment' setting instead of 'inline' .
I had feeling it is that , but I could figure out where is that option, do you remember it ?

It should be in the Account Properties.In other words, if you have more accounts, you should check each account and set the option for each of them.The version I used to use was 1.6x . (right click on the account in the left pane, select Properties from the context menu.)

Are you using the 3 or 4 series of the Bat! Zillah? If so, they obviously moved things around. Anyway, it should have worked according to your screen shot. (in the version I used that option was somewhere in the first three places in the left tree, not in templates.)Let's see what we can do else. Maybe this workaround:Right click the message sent and copy it to the Draft folder. Enter the Draft folder, open the message and edit the recipient. Now right click that message and move it to the outbox.Next right click the message which is now in the outbox and send it from the queue. See if that works for ya however they may have changed that option too. If that does not work I'm afraid we're at a dead end.BTW: the only active user forum for The Bat! (besides the one at ritlabs) I could find still in operation:http://www.the-bat-forums.org/

besides the one at ritlabs
I posted one question , then my account is disabled, i do not why !!!!
I was not aware of that.
Right click the message sent and copy it to the Draft folder. Enter the Draft folder, open the message and edit the recipient. Now right click that message and move it to the outbox.Next right click the message which is now in the outbox and send it from the queue. See if that works for ya however they may have changed that option too
What I use to do copy from sent folder to outbox and open it while it is in outbox and resend it again to different users, but it is annoying when you have many , in this case there is no html message attachmen

I posted one question , then my account is disabled, i do not why !!!!
Yes, that happens over there. You maybe touched something 'critical', they didn't like it and disabled your account.
What I use to do copy from sent folder to outbox and open it while it is in outbox and resend it again to different users, but it is annoying when you have many , in this case there is no html message attachmen
Yes, that's also possible.Look around at the link I posted above.BTW: Do you have to post your messages to many recipients or just a couple? If it is to many recipients, consider using a newsletter-mailer, they're available for free at different places. With such a program you set up your message once, set up the send-to-list, push the button and off they go. :bye2:

Found an old machine which still had The Bat! installed. Below a screen shot indicating with a red arrow where to look for. See the tree at lefthand where exactly it is. The shown version is 1.60. Change the shown option from 'Separately in a special directory' to 'Inline in message' and you're all set.86652660.gif