You might not have permission to use this network resource

zillah

I knew that this has might be answered in this forum and many other forums.But my issue I guess is little bit differentI have got laptops (XP Prof SP3) wireless connected to the router , and Desktop named Viewsonic (XP Prof SP3) wired connected to the router.Folder C OS on Desktop is shared (I shared only C,,,I did not click on individual sub folders to be shared) , and I logged in into Desktop PC as a username : " forum ", which has admin privilege.and from laptop (log in as username : " mate ", which has admin privilege) I can access any sub folders on C, except the folder that belong to username: " forum " , (folder name is called : " forum " as well).Now if I shared (right click) the folder : " forum ",,, I can access it from the laptop , if I removed the shared option I received below error message :

\\Viewsonic\C\Documents and Settings\forum is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resources. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.Access is denied
There is no firewall on both computers

You should not be sharing C:/
Thanks zlim, yes I am aware of security implication.Now if I want to share it (withing my hom local LAN), whay am I experiencing this problem ?