Ed Foster of the Gripline

RichNRockville

RichNRockville

I received this sad message this morning but can't put the info in any forum like announcements.I have known Ed for many years and thought that he was a great columnist and blogger.I'm sorry to inform you all that my dad, Ed Foster, Died on Saturday of an apparent heart attack. He was 59. He was very proud of the work he had done and the community he had built here. He was very engaged in what you all had to say, and we had many running instant message conversations about comments or emails people had sent. He was an extremely smart man, and he loved to be mentally stimulated, whether it was a good book, an interesting conversation, or one of the many comments you posted that made him look at something in a slightly different way. As you can probably tell, I'm not half the writer my dad was, and it's very difficult for me to think of the words to say what I feel(It doesn't help that when I get stuck on a word or phrase, I think "I know, I'll ask my dad!") , but I just want everybody to know that this site and the people on it meant a lot to him. I'm going to miss him. More then words could express, even if he was here to help me think of them. Services are going to be held on Saturday. For more information, Please email me jeffmfoster@gmail.com.Rich

stunningly awful news. Creepy that I had just visited the GripeLine on Sunday.One of the Good Guys is no longer around to help us computer users.