A Few upgrades

BarryB

It's strange how we get to upgrade our systems, My wife wanted a new SDLR Camera, so the deal was yes, but I get to upgrade a few systems.My gateway GM5260 now has 2 320 GB sata HD, 4 gb memory and a nividia 8600GT Vid card (Mandriva 2008.1 64bit just screams)My Acer 5100 went from a AMD turion 64 to an AMD X2 TL56 /4 gig ram and 250 Gb HDAdded Bonus Mandriva 2008.1 One (RC2)with the newer madwifi work's out of the box)another bonus is my mac mini got the acers old ram and HD, not has 1 gb RAM and 80gb hd. Somehow, my upgrades were still alot less than that camera... B) Still got to find a way to get the Core 2 quad box :drooling:Also, IMO Mandriva 2008.1 has got to be the best mandriva product yet.

My gateway GM5260 now has 2 320 GB sata HD, 4 gb memory and a nividia 8600GT Vid card (Mandriva 2008.1 64bit just screams)My Acer 5100 went from a AMD turion 64 to an AMD X2 TL56 /4 gig ram and 250 Gb HD
Looks like you're set up nicely for the next year Barry . . . . ;)B) Bruno

Amazing at how cheap computer parts can be if you don't go for the latest and greatest hardware. You still get a great system too!My next system build is leaning towards an Intel system as AMD is struggling

Your right Kelly, I think this time rather than going for a new toy, I went with improvement..and tried to define that by what I actually do with my systems. (That and my wife was gonna kill me if bought another toy just to have another toy :blink: )But I'm not a gamer, so a quad system and uber vid card isn't really what I needed...the core 2 handles everything I throw at it....of the up grades the laptop seems to have benefited the most the AMD mk38 it had before was quick, but the X2 seems quicker, and seems to run cooler(well for a laptop anyway)...and the additional ram doesn't hurt either.Bruno..I agree I'm set for awhile..now if I could just stay home for a bit and actually get to use them more.