First music download trial to start

Webb

Guest LilBambi
TGDaily Article entitled "Can 24 songs be worth $222,000" reports the following:
If this had been a criminal case, there is likely no way she would have been convicted. There is a reason that music downloaders have never been tried as criminals, even though this kind of alleged copyright infringement is a felony and punishable by prison time. Reasonable doubt mucks up much of the RIAA's evidence. In civil cases, though, the plaintiff or plaintiffs only need to show proof "by a preponderance of the evidence." In other words, in this case the RIAA just needed to show a solid link between the defendant and the evidence in order to show malice intent.A very vocal and perhaps justifiable comment with regard to Thomas' actions is that she should have settled, and paid only a meager portion of the $222,000 to which she was ordered to pay yesterday.If Thomas is actually guilty of these allegations and was trying to cover her tracks too late, then yes, her wisest move of course would have been to settle for a couple thousand dollars. However, if she is innocent, this entire story is a colossal symbol of injustice. Either way, though, a $222,000 sentence is our opinion ridiculous, no matter how you look at it.
Much more in the article.

Guest LilBambi

No it's just for her legal defense which will be astronomical! It is being put directly into a trust fund for her defense. She really needs the help.I helped and posted my comments on her donation site as well. I hope many more will.